Issue with Aux switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bowhunter

Reaction score
I had radar detector hard wired to auxiliary switch #6 today. Installer told me none of the switches were working. He researched and called ford dealer. Was told there have been issues with the switches on other 2017's and that ford has a fix but must be done at dealer. Anybody else have this? Is there an easy fix?

Bigbo076

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had radar detector hard wired to auxiliary switch #6 today. Installer told me none of the switches were working. He researched and called ford dealer. Was told there have been issues with the switches on other 2017's and that ford has a fix but must be done at dealer. Anybody else have this? Is there an easy fix?

Did they wire up the pass through under the hood?

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol they lied. Dumb installer.

OP
OP
B

Bowhunter

Reaction score
Thanks all. Good to know it's not a known problem. I should have done myself but did not have time. Looks like I'll end up doing it myself anyway!

Bearcat

Reaction score
Guys - I'm new to the forum. I totalled my 2014 a couple of months ago and now have a 2017.

I have wired my radar detector to Aux #6 (much easier after reading about other's adventures with this on the forum). My question centers on the stop-start function and that my radar detector re-starts everytime the truck re-starts (note, it stays on when the engine shuts off, but restarts when the engine re-starts). This seems very odd as I cannot imagine auxiliary lighting flashing off-on every time the the truck re-starts. Are there any words of wisdom other than re-wiring to something else on the fuse block?