Invoice details here (full matrix, not just single vehicle)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

braptorin

Reaction score
Your reasoning seems solid but as expected buyers of stripped or low optioned trucks are probably not as likely to entice a dealer to "waste" a precious allocation on a special order as they are essentially throwing away the opportunity for money from another buyer that wants more add-ons.

I wouldn't spend money on transport just to get a lower optioned truck. You might as well sink that $ if necessary into an option on a local one that would net you a tiny bit more resale value later. Something hard to add like tech pkg etc. makes sense.

In theory I agree, but I'm in California and I'm quickly re-confirming that Cali dealers seem to think locals are all idiots and don't have phones that can call out of state... I'm getting quotes at way over invoice (e.g. Advantage Ford in Duarte is asking $20k over MSRP where I'm hearing plenty of MSRP offers here in the forums from out of state).

Unfortunately for me I was waiting on the 2018's because of Stop-and-Go Adaptive Cruise Control (specifically meaning, "the kind that can fully stop the car and then resume speed" basically managing LA traffic!). From what I can tell that didn't actually arrive in 2018 and I'm now back to debating if I just want to wait it out another year... I'm in no rush.

vitaminR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In theory I agree, but I'm in California and I'm quickly re-confirming that Cali dealers seem to think locals are all idiots and don't have phones that can call out of state... I'm getting quotes at way over invoice (e.g. Advantage Ford in Duarte is asking $20k over MSRP where I'm hearing plenty of MSRP offers here in the forums from out of state).

Unfortunately for me I was waiting on the 2018's because of Stop-and-Go Adaptive Cruise Control (specifically meaning, "the kind that can fully stop the car and then resume speed" basically managing LA traffic!). From what I can tell that didn't actually arrive in 2018 and I'm now back to debating if I just want to wait it out another year... I'm in no rush.

Do you have confirmation that the Stop and Go cruise is not there? When I placed my order I was under the impression it was included but since have learned that it might not be so at this point I'd be happy if it was there but I am not holding my breath.

OP
OP
B

braptorin

Reaction score
Do you have confirmation that the Stop and Go cruise is not there? When I placed my order I was under the impression it was included but since have learned that it might not be so at this point I'd be happy if it was there but I am not holding my breath.

Weeeeeell ... my current understanding is that some really poorly worded marketing materials confused everyone:
The new F-150 will offer adaptive cruise control with stop-start (Raptor offers stop-start only in "Normal" and "Weather" modes).
decomposes into "The 2018 Raptor will have Automatic Cruise Control. As an unrelated feature the Raptor will also have the fuel-saving function that turns off the engine when at stoplights/stopsigns/etc." which is reinforced here: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f260/2018-stop-go-55408/

----

I'm now skeptical to the point where "I'll believe 18s have the brake-to-a-stop-then-continue-again ACC when I see it in person or when I see it on a YouTube video" (as opposed to reading about it). I have searched and not found any relevant YouTube videos :( :(

Reading the 2017 and 2018 Ford owner's manuals side-by-side get's my hopes up again that the system might work as we both want.

Here's 2017 (note that it was reprinted at some point, which I hear is specifically due to some poor wording about when and how to use the ACC when towing). Start on Page 225 with "USING ADAPTIVE CRUISE CONTROL (If Equipped)" http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...s-Manual-version-2_om_EN-US-EN-CA_12_2016.pdf

Here's a direct link for 2018. Start reading on Page 240 at the section with the exact same name. Note that there are new sections titled "Setting the Adaptive Cruise Speed When Your Vehicle is Stationary" and "Following a Vehicle to a Complete Stop"
http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...-Owners-Manual-version-1_om_EN-US_05_2017.pdf

Unfortunately the 2018 manual also says "Adaptive cruise control may not detect stationary or slow moving vehicles below 6 mph" (p240) which worries me. I bet that's because the radar system is using differential to remove background objects while cruising down the highway (a reasonable strategy).

Last edited:

vitaminR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your understanding is exactly mine. Ford screwed up when they named their features and no-one really knows or understands the difference as the naming isn't consistent from my point of view.

Definitely has this:
Feature #1: truck engine shuts off at stoplights and turns back on when you let off the brake or hit the gas - can be disabled by button and not available in every drive mode."

May or may not have any combo of these in any or limited drive modes:
Feature #2: with auto cruise control enabled and locked to a vehicle in front of you the truck will actually come to a complete stop on it's own and if the car in front moves again within 3 seconds or so the truck will pick up and follow it again. If longer than 3 seconds you have to hit a button or something on the steering wheel to resume."

Feature #3: If you drive your truck straight at an immovable object the truck will eventually take over and stop on it's own without your intervention.

Feature #4: Some kind of heads up display watching for people (or things) in front of you, also does some brake recharging and/or stops the truck before you squish people.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your understanding is exactly mine. Ford screwed up when they named their features and no-one really knows or understands the difference as the naming isn't consistent from my point of view.

Definitely has this:
Feature #1: truck engine shuts off at stoplights and turns back on when you let off the brake or hit the gas - can be disabled by button and not available in every drive mode."

May or may not have any combo of these in any or limited drive modes:
Feature #2: with auto cruise control enabled and locked to a vehicle in front of you the truck will actually come to a complete stop on it's own and if the car in front moves again within 3 seconds or so the truck will pick up and follow it again. If longer than 3 seconds you have to hit a button or something on the steering wheel to resume."

Feature #3: If you drive your truck straight at an immovable object the truck will eventually take over and stop on it's own without your intervention.

Feature #4: Some kind of heads up display watching for people (or things) in front of you, also does some brake recharging and/or stops the truck before you squish people.

In previous threads, the concensus was the 2018 Raptor adaptive cruise is the same as the 2017. This is based on all of the descriptions and order sheets that fail to mention "stop-and-go" for the Raptor's adaptive cruise, but specifically use those words when describing the adaptive cruise for the Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum, and Limited.

vitaminR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but specifically use those words when describing the adaptive cruise for the Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum, and Limited.

What's wacky is there were other occurrences where they were describing tech that we know the Raptor has and they would again say the phrase "for the Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum, and Limited."

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What's wacky is there were other occurrences where they were describing tech that we know the Raptor has and they would again say the phrase "for the Lariat, King Ranch, Platinum, and Limited."

Yeah, this whole situation is clear as mud. But this is quoting the Ford.com Truck Builder. Not that the builder doesn't have it's share of mistakes, but this discrepancy is consistent on the pricing and order sheets too, making it more likely to be accurate.

For the Raptor:
Optional on Raptor Luxury.

Includes:
• Lane-Keeping System
• Lane Departure Warning
• Auto High Beam
• Rain-Sensing Wipers
• Adaptive Cruise Control with Collision Mitigation

For the Platinum:
Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop-and-Go

Included

Adaptive cruise control with stop-and-go technology* allows you to set a cruising speed and distance from the vehicle ahead. When activated, the stop-and-go feature automatically accelerates and brakes your truck while maintaining your pre-set distance. The stop and go technology can bring your vehicle to a complete stop in stopped traffic and resume as traffic begins to move.**

*Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment and the need to control the vehicle.
**If vehicle is stopped for more than three seconds, driver must intervene and press “RES” button or accelerator pedal to resume system operation.

CaptainInterwebs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me, that's useful info because I want a SCREW with all the functional options and zero of the cosmetic/style options. If I knew dealers were making all their money in one category or the other, I might behave differently when attempting to negotiate.

i've seen so many of these trucks that didnt take the raptor technology package but took $2k worth of stickers instead. beyond stupid.

OP
OP
B

braptorin

Reaction score
i've seen so many of these trucks that didnt take the raptor technology package but took $2k worth of stickers instead. beyond stupid.

I'm with you but I like the individualization Ford is allowing. I'm not personally into stickers and bragging, I'm into sleepers and (as) incognito (as possible, given the bodywork), but still, let people do their own thing and leave the clean ones to me!!!

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer making $5k on a $70k truck doesn't make me feel bad. I don't work for free and neither should he. It doesn't get much better in retail than a 7-8% markup.

Except the dealer doesn't add any value to the equation. In fact, they detract value. I'd prefer that the dealer lose money on each deal to make up for the hassle of having to suffer through the dealer experience. :biggrin: