inside scoop from a Dearborn employee (from another forum)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2022 SVT Fan

Reaction score
The following is a link from fordraptor2 forum's website. Guy posting appears to be a Dearborn employee. click on link to get there yourself. If not, I pasted the post below; minus the pictures. If old news to you just skip it.... this was posted tonight...

Interesting read to say the least.........

Good news bad news UPDATES | GEN 2 FORD RAPTOR FORUM

Now the Important stuff.

Today was a good day for information at Dearborn Truck plant. It just so happens that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is visiting us today to shoot a commercial on site while we are working in the Final Assembly area (where i work). this is good because all the important people who actually know things were easy to track down for questions.
I found out some good things and some not so good things. I'm just going to make a list and go straight down it.

1. The China syndrome: The china Raptors that we built first are currently sitting on a dock in San Fran. Having problems getting them cleared to go to china. No surprise there. (this info came via text to my friend. He is good friends with the head of the company that handles distribution for Ford Motor)

If you don't want your day ruined stop reading.
2. The 10r Trans.
The 2017 F150 10r transmissions have not been signed off on by Ford Corporate. What this means is that if you ordered a vehicle with a 10r trans the earliest possible ship date for CUSTOMERT DELIVERY is "planned" to be December 23rd (my birthday hurrah). Don't get too angry, there is good news coming farther down this posting. (this information came directly out of the mouth of a Ford Motor Company Superintendent and into my ear)
I stated that we were "business as usual" with building and shipping Raptors, I was wrong.

3. Dealerships with Raptors???: Some people have stated that they have seen Raptors on Dealership lots, this may be true now. We have run out of manpower and space to fix them and are now sending some to dealerships for them to fix. Even if they are fixed, they will NOT BE RELEASED TO CUSTOMERS until Ford Corporate signs off on the problem. If someone tells you they went and got their Raptor form the dealership they are either blowing smoke up your ass or the Dealer is committing a crime.

3. Roush. There were some posts that mentioned Raptors being delivered to Roush, I shot those posts down in a blaze of glory only to find out today that they are true. Now to be fair the UAW contract backs up what I stated earlier that outside companies are not supposed to have anything to do with the new Ford Performance branding. (not SVT anymore) so technically Roush shouldn't be touching these vehicles. That being said, we are so backed up with the 10r trans problems that it was decided to outsource some repairs to Roush. (this information came directly from a ford employee currently working in a Roush Garage fixing f-150s. Roush is not "modding" the trucks, they are helping to repair them.

4. Ramp59....
Ramp ******* 59. I asked guys whose whole job is drive vehicles around for ford. Literally all they do everyday is get in a truck and drive it somewhere then get in another and drive it somewhere else. These guys drive all over the place from Ford facility to Ford facility. Not a single guy knew wtf ramp59 is.
The only guess any had was that in Brownstown Ohio there is a Penske rail yard and one of the loading areas is Ramp59. Far fetched but thats all i could get on that.

5. Now the good?? news:
5A: The 10r transmission problem seems only to be a software problem. The fix will be as simple as hooking a computer up to a truck and flashing it with the correct information. The problem is I am not sure if they know what the correct information is.... Now, the superintendent AND the guy who deals with distrubution both said they plan on having it solved and shipping to commence by dec. 23rd. so uhhh bleh??
5b: The other good news. Ford motor company doesn't **** around. When the problem is fixed there will be hundreds of employees getting your vehicles out to dealerships. When it comes to delivery nobody is as streamlined and lean as Ford. There are hundreds of money hungry auto workers who will be working around the clock making thousands trying to get the vehicles out as quick as humanly possible.
5c: Some people were asking about part shortages and if they should cancel an order because of a lack of Carbon Fiber parts or some shit. We currently have zero part shortages on the 2017 Raptor. Thats good news.

I think I covered most bases. Feel free to reply here if I missed something.

Last edited:

mahabali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm... At least he says there are no part shortages. This launch is a ******* mess.

matt33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothin' wrong with my 10spd
#onlyinCanada

Go post a pic of it in your driveway. Maybe put a bag of milk in the photo for added credibility.

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

I've been following Dearborn Dan from the other forum. He seems legit. It's good to have someone on the inside posting updates.

The Mav

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Go post a pic of it in your driveway. Maybe put a bag of milk in the photo for added credibility.

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 PM ----------

I've been following Dearborn Dan from the other forum. He seems legit. It's good to have someone on the inside posting updates.

bag of milk? does that shit still exist? Never in my life have I see bagged milk.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All second or third hand information and this cat's been wrong before.

Never trust someone who would so freely share such information. A line working in final assembly, who has been wrong in previous statements, is not to be trusted and would be the last person to have this type of information.

YMMV