Info Screen "Dimming" on start-up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jred2255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Odd question.... Noticed this in my brother's '17 today. His Center info screen says "Dimming" on start-up, and he has to hit OK to get to his speedometer screen every time he starts the truck.
My '17 on the other hand does not flash the dimming screen, and always starts in the last screen of the Myview that i had left it in.
Is something wrong with his?

22288102-3224-487B-8558-5C47E2728779_zpssc7zsxb9.jpg

48EEDD09-F8C8-4B8F-A28F-270987EAE405_zpsfz8hqa4y.jpg

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have the same issue however mine is only like every 4-5 starts. It always says dimming when I start it parked in my garage (kind of dark) but the part about having to push 'OK' to get it back to my default MyView has me confused.

My guess is his steering feel mode also defaults to Normal every time and I believe other's (including yours) stays in the last steering mode.

I have asked this a few times on this forum but have come up with nothing.

OP
OP
Jred2255

Jred2255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue however mine is only like every 4-5 starts. It always says dimming when I start it parked in my garage (kind of dark) but the part about having to push 'OK' to get it back to my default MyView has me confused.

My guess is his steering feel mode also defaults to Normal every time and I believe other's (including yours) stays in the last steering mode.

I have asked this a few times on this forum but have come up with nothing.

Started his in the parking lot, broad day light when i took the picture.
Yes, my steering always stays in comfort, and his always reverts back to normal mode.
He's going to take it into the dealership.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Definitely let us know ... I know this is an issue on a good number of trucks. It drives me nuts but I feel like taking it to a dealer without an understanding of the fix will be even more frustrating. My hopes is maybe a software issue?

OP
OP
Jred2255

Jred2255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll keep you posted on what they find. He'll probably go in to the dealership sometime late next week.

OP
OP
Jred2255

Jred2255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Read on the F150 forums that a few guys with '16 Platinums were having similar issues, all had the "dimming" problem. They solved it by disconnecting the battery for 20+ minutes and that seemed to fix the issues permanently. I'll try it tomorrow.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Worth a shot.... let me know. This is literally the only thing I don't like with my truck.

I guess I haven't had my battery been disconnected since I bought this thing. I did a FORScan for a guy and his truck did the same thing so I know this is a somewhat common issue I would assume. His did it every time where mine only does it some times. My guess is a lot of people's do this every time so they don't know any better.

Last edited:

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Read on the F150 forums that a few guys with '16 Platinums were having similar issues, all had the "dimming" problem. They solved it by disconnecting the battery for 20+ minutes and that seemed to fix the issues permanently. I'll try it tomorrow.

Any luck??