Inflatable seat recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://owner.ford.com/tools/account/maintenance/recalls.html

Recall Date: AUG 28, 2017

Recall Title: LEFT HAND REAR SEATBELT BUCKLE INSPECTION

NHTSA Recall Number: AWAITING#

Ford Recall Number: 17C12

Recall Description: REAR INFLATABLE SEATBELT BUCKLE SOME RIVETS USED TO ATTACH THE INFLATABLE SEAT BELT BUCKLE ASSEMBLY ON THE LEFT REAR SEAT TO ITS MOUNTING BRACKET MAY HAVE INADEQUATE RIVET HEAD THICKNESS.A SEAT BELT BUCKLE ASSEMBLY WITH AN INADEQUATE RIVET MAY FAIL TO COMPLY WITH SECTION 5.2 OF FMVSS 210.

Risk to Safety: INADEQUATE RIVET HEAD THICKNESS MAY ALLOW SEPARATION OF THE LEFT REAR INFLATABLE SEAT BELT BUCKLE FROM ITS MOUNTING BRACKET DURING A CRASH,INCREASING THE RISK OF INJURY.

Remedy Program: OWNERS WILL BE NOTIFIED BY MAIL AND INSTRUCTED TO TAKE THEIR VEHICLE TO A FORD OR LINCOLN DEALER TO HAVE THE LEFT REAR SEAT BELT BUCKLE ASSEMBLY RIVET HEAD THICKNESS INSPECTED.THE SEAT BELT BUCKLE ASSEMBLY WILL BE REPLACED IF THE RIVET IS FOUND TO BE INADEQUATE.

AKLA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the same message

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17lbraptor

Reaction score
Thanks for posting. I just checked my app and I have this recall notification as well. I have a May 2017 build date. So does this mean its the buckle for the seat behind the driver I am thinking? The left hand side of the seat. My son is in an anchored car seat behind me so its not an immediate concern if this is the seat. My other two children use seat belts in the center and right hand side and if it affects one of those I want to get this looked at asap.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I called my dealer to schedule the inspection and he said this is an advance notice and Ford has not published instructions on how to do the inspection or the replacement parts list. He said they won't have anything on this recall until October 1st. Did anyone else call their dealer? Did they get the same, or a different response from their dealer?

I have kids sitting in the back so I would like to get this addressed ASAP.

Monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called my dealer to schedule the inspection and he said this is an advance notice and Ford has not published instructions on how to do the inspection or the replacement parts list. He said they won't have anything on this recall until October 1st. Did anyone else call their dealer? Did they get the same, or a different response from their dealer?

I have kids sitting in the back so I would like to get this addressed ASAP.

Same here, kids in the back. I have a mid May build. The notice in the app says affected trucks will get something in the mail. I will call the dealer

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Same here, kids in the back. I have a mid May build. The notice in the app says affected trucks will get something in the mail. I will call the dealer

They will have to learn how to SEND IT sooner or later... :biggrin:

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if your kids are still in boosters like mine make sure u are using the tethers in addition to the seat belt with the bottom locked.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer pointed this out to me yesterday, they didn't even know what it was at 8AM yesterday. Unfortunately I was in there because my 4x4 module went out

lottp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have this and I was a January build, so it may be the entire model year.