Inclined gas tank empties early

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

akaie15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those new to f150s.

I parked my truck nose down on the driveway with <1/4 tank of gas. The pickups must be at the rear of the tank because the engine stalled -- wasn't getting fuel.

I was on a 7deg incline. Take note to avoid this.

If previously posted, disregard.

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I have a 2015 f150 - pickup is same in 36 gallon tanks. At about 75/80 miles to empty my truck will die when parking it downhill. Have to coast down my driveway and start it. My driveway is also 7/8 degrees. Not sure why the fuel pickup in the rear of tank and is not directly in the middle. It is annoying when you forget and start it when its cold out and it dies.

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I have a 2015 f150 - pickup is same in 36 gallon tanks. At about 75/80 miles to empty my truck will die when parking it downhill. Have to coast down my driveway and start it. My driveway is also 7/8 degrees. Not sure why the fuel pickup in the rear of tank and is not directly in the middle. It is annoying when you forget and start it when its cold out and it dies.

So when you accelerate or are heading up hill with a low tank it doesn't starve your motor. If you are facing down hill, you can just coast without the engine running.

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know, thanks!

I would prob never find out because I always try to keep tank full :D