I'm sure this has been discussed....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zedrx

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum and for whatever reason my antivirus software doesn't allow me to use the search function here. Anyways, I was wondering if there is a way to disable the automatic shut-off of the engine at stop lights. I know I can push the button every time I start the vehicle, but I want to turn it off permanently. I just got my Raptor last night and haven't been able to figure this one out yet. Again, sorry if this has been asked before...

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are correct, discussed to death. Multiple ways to override the start/stop. I did mine with a tune from MPT.

Tune it out, jumper wire it, drive everyday in Sport Mode...

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Many ways to do. The easiest for me was to just unplug a single connector under the dash. Took less than 3 seconds. only downside is you lose trailer lights if you hook up a trailer so need to remember to re connect if you use a trailer. (I never will)

Search my post with pics

grumble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm new to the forum and for whatever reason my antivirus software doesn't allow me to use the search function here. Anyways, I was wondering if there is a way to disable the automatic shut-off of the engine at stop lights. I know I can push the button every time I start the vehicle, but I want to turn it off permanently. I just got my Raptor last night and haven't been able to figure this one out yet. Again, sorry if this has been asked before...

Your antivirus is doing its job. There is malware in a number of places on this website, including the search function.

Carry on.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You are correct, discussed to death. Multiple ways to override the start/stop. I did mine with a tune from MPT.

Tune it out, jumper wire it, drive everyday in Sport Mode...

Many ways to do. The easiest for me was to just unplug a single connector under the dash. Took less than 3 seconds. only downside is you lose trailer lights if you hook up a trailer so need to remember to re connect if you use a trailer. (I never will)

Search my post with pics

THE only way to do it (the right way) is FORScan. There's a link above.

I love when people who don't know the right answer post THEIR answer :crazy:

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Overriding it with a tune is doing the exact same thing ForScan does (reprograms the module), only I get the added benefit of increased boost. I love when people who don't know every right answer post THEIR answer :crazy: as if its the ONLY answer.

Last edited:

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Hey WhatAss,. I know you like the ******** method but why would I go thru the trouble of having to buy equipment to make a tweek that takes me 3 seconds for no cost and has no downside?