I'm out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oceanbnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tired of waiting without any information (I've ordered all my cars/trucks for the past 15 years - so waiting isn't a problem, but lack of information is) and the reported issues are really dulling my interest in this truck.

My need for something bigger than my Taco (to pull a camper we ended up not getting) has gone away, so this was going to be just for fun. And it stopped being fun a long time ago.

Good luck to the rest of you guys waiting on a delivery. If anyone is interested in my MSRP order, contact Chris Greene Jr. @ Greene Ford in Gainesville, GA and ask him if you can pick up order 0005.

My apologies for your predicament. It is unfortunate how this rollout has ended up. It would really suck to be someone who ordered early and ended up not getting their vehicle or having it sit on Ramp 59. Perhaps they'll figure out this release later this year some time but I'm sure it's soured many.

We have seen oil leaks, transmission goofiness and exhaust complaints. Keep in mind that nd that these 17s have been built and tore apart several times. I would not trust one of these.

I am amazed at how people follow their orders closely and wonder where their orders are.... BUT, have no idea about the production problems going on.

You're starting to make me think you're a Dodge disinformation passer. Seriously, every negative post here you seem to pop up. Also, an exhaust note definitely does not count as a problem, rather its an opinion and usually stems from someone who is used to the V8 sounds which are definitely deeper.

I've only ever seen the one mention of an oil leak. I've also seen one mention on Facebook of a door failing to lock properly in cold weather. A lot of people have mentioned the new 10 - speed transmission feels weird but I've yet to hear anyone say it's failed. All so far are fixable according to the warranty and with any new car rollout, also a common occurrence.

Last edited:

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're starting to make me think you're a Dodge disinformation passer. Seriously, every negative post here you seem to pop up. Also, an exhaust note definitely does not count as a problem, rather its an opinion and usually stems from someone who is used to the V8 sounds which are definitely deeper.

It's his hobby. Over on the F150 forum he does the same in every ecoboost thread. :win:

bdub85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both my 17 october build and my buddy's december build have no transmission problems or anything else

Mine was built oct 20, and I just got it last week. I got 500 miles on mine already. Been nothing but perfect. I can't stop driving it.

nitronate33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i can definitely understand the frustration. i got to the point of screaming at a sales guy on the phone (not his fault really, nothing much he could do) and said **** it, it ain't worth it. my issue was over ADM, sure glad i didn't pay ADM AND get stuck with a long wait.

as far as the problems/gremlins, this is a raptor fanboy site so most people are going to defend and deflect. that's to be expected. i'm on a lot of different forums and they are all the same. chevy hates ford, toyota hates the big three, blah blah blah. it blows me away how dedicated people are to a brand, it makes no sense to me.

i, myself, expect a lot more if i'm going to plunk down that kind of change. ford needs to do better, much better.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Just an update. I couldn't decide what I wanted in place of the Raptor, so I decided to surprise my wife with a new Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. It's something she wanted since she was 16, so you imagine she was tickled.

https://youtu.be/gZ86bXaKirA

That's awesome man. My girlfriend has always wanted one of those as well. I hope to eventually be able to do this same thing with her.