GEN 2 I thought the New Raptor was going to be easily available?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cool_Racer_79

Reaction score
Since Ford announce the Gen 2 Raptor to the public they had said it was going to be available to anyone that wanted to purchase one.

Well, here we are now and it seems like they are not as easily available as they said they were going to be.

Can anyone explain to me why is it? Does anyone knows when Ford is going to lift the allocations control and allow anyone to order one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DROPOUT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This topic has been covered and beat to death ...

Short Answer = No one knows.

Current Status = Allocations rule. If the dealership doesn't have them, they won't be getting one unless they buy/trade with another dealership.

All that can change if they are caught up in 2 months.

No one knows at this point.

Gilligan

Reaction score
There are thousands of trucks on hold for repairs at Ford. That is causing the hold up. Give it some time

OP
OP
C

Cool_Racer_79

Reaction score
That's the problem, I don't have time. I'm Active Duty Military and need to order mine overseas by the end of next month. So I'm crossing my fingers that the issue gets resolved soon.

ReefBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My bet is:

They sold x units in 2014. They said they'd increase supply, so they did 1.3(x) but they didn't anticipate demand of 1.5(x). So, they're short since they bought a fixed amount of parts in advance and those production lines are shut down or spoken for to build other things now. I'd be surprised if it was really any other reason.

All numbers made up purely for purposes of example.

Gilligan

Reaction score
That's the problem, I don't have time. I'm Active Duty Military and need to order mine overseas by the end of next month. So I'm crossing my fingers that the issue gets resolved soon.

There are dealers out there with allocations so if you are able to find an allocation with a January build date chances are you'll have the truck before those that ordered in July...

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They built over 20K raptors in 2014. Thing is they just release the Gen 2 so it is at its Highest demand point. Production is limited to only a few raptors per hour of factory time. So it will take a little while so it will take a bit of time to normalize