I just ordered my 2018 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtgod

Reaction score
which dealer?

I just ordered my 2018 Raptor and I am soo happy I waited. I just ordered Race Red supercab fully loaded with black graphics package and hood package at MSRP. Now for the worse, waiting...

which dealer took the '18 Order? did you get a DORA? I placed a '17 order last week and now having remorse over not just waiting a bit to order an '18 (except that I ordered AG which is not available in '18). I still may release my '17 and place an '18 order as I am in no hurry and could avoid a year's depreciation on the '17 right off the bat.

chi_weezy

Reaction score
^ I just did the same thing. Dealer had one last allocation for a 17' so I took it for msrp + shipping. I would eat my 1k deposit if I changed it to an 18' with them or somebody else. I wonder if worth it. You think a 17' will get here earlier than an 18 if ordered at just about the same time? Ordered it like 10 days ago

dirtgod

Reaction score
there is some lag in production changeover period

There would be some lag when they change over to '18 production from what I have read on this forum...perhaps 60 days if memory serves. The only thing keeping me from sacrificing my deposit and doing an '18 is the absence of AG paint in '18...I really love the color so it may keep me at home so to speak. Not really a lot of upgrades that make any difference for me in the '18 model anyway as the audio thing is immaterial to me. However, the depreciation hit is a decent consideration-- you and I will get a year old truck for all intents and purposes.

Ish

Reaction score
new raptor will be coming to California this Saturday

Hi , I'll be taking delivery of my new raptor this Saturday and I wanted to thank you all for helping me with my purchase.

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any chance somebody has the build sheet for the 2018? What's new? I've been waiting to see what's new...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

dirtgod

Reaction score
Few changes

There are order '18 spec sheets on here if you run a quick search. No major changes other than some paint colors added, some deleted (no AG for '18 for example). Other notable change is B&O sound in place of Sony. Discussions on the forum about that indicate that true B&O systems are better than the Sony but still speculative at this point --- that one was not important to me personally. Other things...tailgate applique is standard yet there is a delete option. Heated steering wheel also included in 802A now and adaptive cruise control now has on/off and collision mitigation for '18 -- that's really about it.

OP
OP
R

RaptorJedi066

Reaction score
which dealer took the '18 Order? did you get a DORA? I placed a '17 order last week and now having remorse over not just waiting a bit to order an '18 (except that I ordered AG which is not available in '18). I still may release my '17 and place an '18 order as I am in no hurry and could avoid a year's depreciation on the '17 right off the bat.

I found a dealer in Indiana who I lucked out with getting their number one order spot for a 2018 at MSRP. I should be receiving an email tomorrow with my DORA i believe. I know i've already read that people have their DORA's for their 18 orders already on forums. I personally think that the 2018 will be a better fit for myself since I've experienced a vehicle with a Bang and Olufsen sound system and I was so pissed they didn't offer Race Red on 2017. I do love AG though but with the depreciation and the problems i've read the some are having on the 2017, I would opt for the 2018 but do whatever fits you best brother! I hope this helped.