I just couldnt do it.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there will be no 2017 Raptor in my future. I have a buddy that is a big wig at my local Ford dealer and another guy I trained for a year or so who is the finance manager. Still the best they could do was 15K over sticker.
I built my truck out and it was 69035.00 we call it 70K so they wanted 85K plus tax and lic. am I cheap - stupid - or is that just nuts? oh and this was a hook up they have the first 10 they get going at 25K over sticker.
I can buy a F150 and make it drive a circle around a Raptor for that price.

Some one clue me in please am I just not at the right place? or is everyone paying crazy money over MSRP? is this everywhere or just my ****** area?
you guys with the new ones on order congratz to you I will be jealous in my 2014.

what is the avg price you are building them at? not the extra the MSRP? pretty much I clicked on everything they offered lol even the orange trim on interior,lol

Oceanbnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there will be no 2017 Raptor in my future. I have a buddy that is a big wig at my local Ford dealer and another guy I trained for a year or so who is the finance manager. Still the best they could do was 15K over sticker.
I built my truck out and it was 69035.00 we call it 70K so they wanted 85K plus tax and lic. am I cheap - stupid - or is that just nuts? oh and this was a hook up they have the first 10 they get going at 25K over sticker.

Some one clue me in please am I just not at the right place? or is everyone paying crazy money over MSRP? is this everywhere or just my ****** area?
you guys with the new ones on order congratz to you I will be jealous in my 2014.

what is the avg price you are building them at? not the extra the MSRP? pretty much I clicked on everything they offered lol even the orange trim on interior,lol

Did they originally quote you at something lower or was that amount over MSRP what they started out with? I set my loan exactly for what my dealer had originally agreed to, at MSRP with only a couple hundred to cover fees. If she gets squirrely, then I walk. I think a lot of dealers are starting to see they can get much more over MSRP. Here's to hoping there are still some honest dealers out there (yes I get that its a business, but at the same time, if you agree to a price, you should be held to your word).

fijidaniel

Reaction score
Majority of people are paying MSRP, or even slightly under in some cases from what I've read. Your dealer is robbing people blind taking that much over MSRP.

I'm not sure if that is the case. Most people posting on this site have stated they paid MSRP or under. There are a lot of Raptors going to people not posting on this site. I know of the couple of dealers I have visited in DFW, all they had sold were at some sort of ADM. most they stated was between 8-10k. So I too not sure of it is regional, depends on dealer etc.

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score

#1 biggest problem - you being jealous while driving a 2014 Gen1. There's no call for that!!!

Do yourself a favor and wait for a year until they get through all the 'gotta have it and gotta have it now' BS. Next year will be calmer and the dealers will be competing with an entirely different client base.

Worst case scenario is that you are stuck with an OG Raptor, and that is not a bad thing.....