GEN 2 I feel like I'm being lied to

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gunnut

Reaction score
I didn't want to clutter up the order thread so I started this thread.

I place my order on 3/9/17. I know it's early in the wait game, but I did some checking on FB, Ford.com and Ford Performance just to see if my order has been placed.

Well with the numbers provided from the dealer's Vehicle Order Confirmation Sheet when provided to the above sites, it shows my truck has been delivered in January. Kind of impossible.

So I called my dealer and he is telling my I will not be able to see the status of my truck from that sheet he provided. He also said that order number is a generic order number his sales manager puts on every order!!! That makes no sense to me.

IS MY DEALER LYING TO ME?

Here's pic of the order sheet he texted me.

e1a80af1a306598f4886503a26c55797.jpg

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably not. That order # is just an internal number to the dealer. It really doesn't mean anything until Ford pulls the order.

CatchMeOffroad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes your Order # is a dealer-set number. My dealer used the date that the order was placed, for example I ordered my truck Oct 1 and he set my Order # to 1001 (10/01). Unfortunately he later re-used that same # on another vehicle and every time they searched for my truck, 2 came up :)

HUFN8OR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a nice truck you ordered though! I'd have them remove the "Auto Start/Stop" line item, then you're good. :)

Last edited:

ssj4sadie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're not able to confirm your order is in the system through other means than the dealer I would be concerned. Contact your dealer and get the Vehicle Visibility Report.

rohardi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer ordered 2 raptors under my order number (my order number is the last 4 of my phone number) So I got notification that my truck was scheduled about a month ago. Come to find out, it was the other Raptor on my order that was getting scheduled at that point. It was only after the people at Ford Service via Facebook did a little more research we figured it out. I got scheduled a few weeks later. But the whole order system is a fu*k$set. I've never seen anything like this before...