GEN 2 Hunting with Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jikjak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im just wondering if anyone here uses their Raptor for hunting trips. If so, what is your setup like? What modifications and accessories did you get for the truck? Please post pics!

I was hoping to take delivery this week so that i can use it for my moose hunt up north next week but no phone call yet from my dealer. :(

gwpfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes.

Depends on what you really want to hunt and where you want to go.

Moose hunting - depending on season and location, but cold climates.

Smaller/Narrower Tires to fit tire chains on all 4.
Truck Canopy/Bed Box for added storage, guns, shells, recovery gear...I've been really happy with my Decked system...pics aren't the best, but can kind of see it in link below.
Gen 1, but Gen 2 will likely be setup similar.
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f260/raptor-overland-56719/index8.html#post1197288

If hound hunting is a possibility with setup I had could easily have strike dog on top and a couple more kennels. My setup was more for bird dogs and then can wrap with tarp/other during cooler weather or line interior of dog boxes.

I should make a list, but recovery gear, used it more for others than myself...yet want to get a winch, but winch should be able to be front/rear mounted. The items I've used bar far the most is the tire traction aids and the shovel, strapped to upper rack.
Hi Lift jack and tow straps along with the 'elastic' straps. Will add more later...PC dying.

Raven13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I use mine on hunting trips but don't have any hunting specific mods, just the off-roading essentials like recovery gear first aid kit and fire extinguisher. I'm in s. central TX so snow isn't an issue.

biturbomg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have used my last 3 raptors and have the normal gear. Hi lift, shovel and axe mounted to side of bed, I run a snug top shell to keep everything dry this time around and for easy access. In the past I ran bak flips which worked great as well. I also have a tool box installed on one of the fender wells that flips out and has straps, etc nice and dry. Other than that some built in rigid back up lights in rear oem bumper and a warn 9.5xp in front oem bumper. Had 7 rigid dually/d2's and a 40 e in the front behind the grill as well but once the Roush blower went in lost the lights but kept the winch so that was a plus.