How to track a Norfolk Southern Rail Car

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2022 SVT Fan

Reaction score
Didn't research to see if this has been posted or not. If so....sorry and just ignore.

If you have a truck coming via Norfolk Southern you can trace it's progress:

Phone 800-497-2919 PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR A REPRESENTATIVE; DONT WANT TO RUIN IT FOR EVERYONE.

CHOOSE Option 1 Tracing Assistance.....Say Tracing (or press 1)

Say JUST the first letter of your rail car number
(in my case TTGX706984) Then the car number. So in this example you would say "T" 706984

OR

push * for key entry usage

in my example above it would be "8" for the letter T and then enter 706984

It will give your current location of rail car.

I did it a couple of times today and it worked well. Left Michigan, went through northern Ohio and currently is in Indiana.

thought it would be cool to share.

p.s. can't believe it is finally on it's way. No doubt there were some roots to cut at ramp 59 to get it on it's way.

johnjoemd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't research to see if this has been posted or not. If so....sorry and just ignore.

Phone 800-497-2919 PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR A REPRESENTATIVE; DONT WANT TO RUIN IT FOR EVERYONE.

(in my case TTGX706984) Then the car number. So in this example you would say "T" 706984

OR

I did it a couple of times today and it worked well. Left Michigan, went through northern Ohio and currently is in Indiana.

p.s. can't believe it is finally on it's way. No doubt there were some roots to cut at ramp 59 to get it on it's way.

Who gave you your railcar number? Thanks for the info.

OP
OP

2022 SVT Fan

Reaction score
your ordering dealer can send you from their STATUS HISTORY screen from Ford Order tracking site. The same one where it showed RAMP 59 day after day, week after week. He took a pic with his cell phone, texted it to me with the detail from when it went into production to when it finally started shipping today...

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

C4w7m2g.jpg

Kansan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured out who my dealer used for transport from the rail yard to the dealership and called them. They made my vin "HOT" and it was delivered 3 days before it was scheduled to show up. They also gave me the number of the rail yard who weren't as helpful but at least, maybe, they kept an eye out for it.

I don't recommend this for anyone. It makes you look like a crazy person BUT I got my truck 72 hours earlier. This is entirely dependant on who you speak to, how nice you are and how helpful they want to be.

Bassman

Reaction score

OR

Hey 2017 Lightning Blue, I'm happy for you that your truck is finally on its way! That gives me a little hope that mine will escape ramp 59 eventually. Keep us updated, and let us know when you get it. Looks like a happy new year. For you!

OP
OP

2022 SVT Fan

Reaction score
Hey 2017 Lightning Blue, I'm happy for you that your truck is finally on its way! That gives me a little hope that mine will escape ramp 59 eventually. Keep us updated, and let us know when you get it. Looks like a happy new year. For you!

@Bassman, Just did an updated trace and my truck is just north of Chattanooga. FPerformance gave me an ETA of 1/9 delivery to my dealer. Did you find out if your's is on the same rail car?