How Necessary is the Torsen From Dif?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I deeply apologize to everyone, I'm usually pretty good at remembering everything about the Raptor but this time a had a major brain fart.
I'm not sure how or why my thinking was that the Torsen T2 had a electric C clip to engage and that only 4x4 low engaged that.
I guess I thinking about the front camera turning on the Nav screen when 4x4 low is selected and then only under a certain speed.

You guys can give a good bashing I deserve it.

Last edited:

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I deeply apologize to everyone, I'm usually pretty good at remembering everything about the Raptor but this time a had a major brain fart.
I'm not sure how or why my thinking was that the Torsen T2 had a electric C clip to engage and that only 4x4 low engaged that.
I guess I thinking about the front camera turning on the Nav screen when 4x4 loww is selected and then only under a certain speed.

On the contrary. Its nice to see someone admit something like this. We need more genuine humility around here. Good on you sir. Carry on

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now this is still off topic, sorry OP.

I have a question about the Gen2, someone made a statement about putting it into Baja Mode locks the rear diff.
Does the mean you guys no longer need to pull the 4x4 nob out to lock the rear diff?

For the Gen1 you need to pull the nob to lock the rear diff and that has a speed limit to 35 mph before it automatically disengages. (if you let off the throttle)
Hitting the drive mode button to Off-Road in the Gen1 locks the rear diff to top speed limiter, which in my case is 145 mph. ( you will be replacing carrier and pinion bearings in the rear if you do that often ) Trust me I know. LOL

Last edited:

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My understanding is rear lock unlocks at 20 mph,whatever mode it is in or how it was turned on. And no 2 wheel drive allowed for axle lock

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now this is still off topic, sorry OP.

I have a question about the Gen2, someone made a statement about putting it into Baja Mode locks the rear diff.
Does the mean you guys no longer need to pull the 4x4 nob out to lock the rear diff?

For the Gen1 you need to pull the nob to lock the rear diff and that has a speed limit to 35 mph before it automatically disengages. (if you let off the throttle)
Hitting the drive mode button to Off-Road in the Gen1 locks the rear diff to top speed limiter, which in my case is 145 mph. ( you will be replacing carrier and pinion bearings in the rear if you do that often ) Trust me I know. LOL

Yes, rear locker automatically engages/locks with Mud/Sand and Rock Crawl and is available with Baja mode, Baja you have to hit the button to lock the rear. They are available at all speeds.....per the supplemental manual for Raptor.

http://www.fordservicecontent.com/F...pplement-version-1_su_EN-US-EN-US_10_2016.pdf

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Raptor Card.jpg

Here's the quick reference guide. The real question is, what does TC button press and TC hold do in the offroad modes. It makes a difference in the sand, so I've heard, but I want to know exactly the changes it makes since Ford claims Baja mode pretty much disables TC anyway.

My experience shows this to be the case - it has been pretty difficult to get it to interfere, but I've also not been to the dunes

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I guess I thinking about the front camera turning on the Nav screen when 4x4 low is selected and then only under a certain speed.

This has to be one of the most adult posts ever in any of the g2 sub-fora.

not necessary from my perspective, but accepted nonetheless.

Respect.