How many wheel weights do you have?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daaaaaan

Reaction score
I'm having a subtle shake in the steering wheel at highway speeds. Upon further investigating, I counted 7,14,20&34 individual .25 weights on my wheels.

This is excessive, and plan to have the dealer (or local off road shop) re-balance my tires.

I asked this on the FB group, and others seem to have in the 20's

What did your truck come with?

foo.c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's just the nature of big tires.

If it can't be balanced check out dyna-beads or air soft BBs.

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having a subtle shake in the steering wheel at highway speeds. Upon further investigating, I counted 7,14,20&34 individual .25 weights on my wheels.

This is excessive, and plan to have the dealer (or local off road shop) re-balance my tires.

I asked this on the FB group, and others seem to have in the 20's

What did your truck come with?

Good god. Are the BFG's that hard to balance? I have had Toyo MT's in a 35 12.50 17 size that didn't need any weight or they took very little. I would take it by a Discount tire store or a place like 4 Wheel Parts and have them rebalanced and I am willing to bet most of that weight comes off. I wouldn't imagine they could possibly take that much weight to balance. There have quite a few people talking about getting them rebalanced.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I don’t have any ‘vibe’ but yeah... quite a few weights. I didn’t count them, but now you’ve got me thinking...

Ballistic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine feels fine so far, counted 16 on my front driver side and 8 on driver side rear.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found BFGs to be hit or miss. Some are really well balanced and require little to no weights, others have excessive run out and require a lot of weight to balance.

My truck has one with no weights while the rest have between 7 and 15. I have no vibration.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer's almost never do it right - go find an independent shop to get them road force balanced, get values under 15 if possible

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
BFG's typically take more weight. Doesn't mean they're any less round (sometimes) they just have more of a heavy spot than say Nitto or Toyo. I'd agree with the others that a road force is ideal for your situation. They'll also be able to tell if any of the tires are truly out of round.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are the red dots on the valve stems? Might help. On that big a tire probably viscous balancing the way to go

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer's almost never do it right - go find an independent shop to get them road force balanced, get values under 15 if possible

This guy is 100% spot on with his advice; it did wonders for my ride. That said, I think readings higher than 15 are acceptable for this size of tire whereas it wouldn't be acceptable for smaller tires, but the tire shop will definitely be able to answer that question.