How Many Mikes Before Pedal Commander

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dannym2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

Been researching on the forum for a while, prior gen 1 owner, but have had a couple of F150s in between. Finally picked up my gen 2 today. I have a pedal commander sitting here waiting, but wonder if I should get through some sort of break-in prior to install? If so, how many miles is good to plug it in? Didn’t want to tune it just yet and hoped the pedal commander would give it a little more (even though I think it has plenty in sport mode.. thanks in advance, I hope this hasn’t already been discussed, if so, I couldn’t find it in my search.

Thanks,
Danny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

Been researching on the forum for a while, prior gen 1 owner, but have had a couple of F150s in between. Finally picked up my gen 2 today. I have a pedal commander sitting here waiting, but wonder if I should get through some sort of break-in prior to install? If so, how many miles is good to plug it in? Didn’t want to tune it just yet and hoped the pedal commander would give it a little more (even though I think it has plenty in sport mode.. thanks in advance, I hope this hasn’t already been discussed, if so, I couldn’t find it in my search.

Thanks,
Danny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Takes about 400 or so to calibrate throttle and stuff. I'd wait 2 tanks and make it 600 or so miles and you'd be A ok

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
dannym2009

dannym2009

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My phone autocorrected on the title and I can't figure out how to change it...

I understand it only changes voltage from the pedal, but it will also change how hard I am on the motor due to this. I don't want to beat a new truck until the break-in period is over (whenever that mileage is).

I have 480 miles on it now, mostly from the drive home. I am tempted to throw it on there today, but makes me nervous...

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not install it and leave it in OFF mode, (i.e. no lights). Then after the break-in period, you can try it with no traffic around.