How many like the look of the SCAB but purchased SCREW?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordraptorHero

Reaction score
as a single guy i was going to go with the scab since i would rarely have passengers, however i got a great deal on a screw so i took it. even though i rarely have any passengers its extemely nice for road trips and traveling since everything can fit in there, also lift the rear seats and u can lay 2 people comfortably ...if you know what i mean

id take the screw as a daily, if i had enough money to have a raptor as a toy and a toy only it would be a scab

Last edited:

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Scab is like a really nice girl that can not suck a mean ****.

That has to be the dumbest analogy I've heard in years. Congrats.

---------- Post added at 07:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 AM ----------

Are there no moderators on this forum?

Not for quite some time.. It's the wild west here. Shoot or be shot! :biggrin:

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That has to be the dumbest analogy I've heard in years. Congrats.

---------- Post added at 07:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 AM ----------

Not for quite some time.. It's the wild west here. Shoot or be shot! :biggrin:

I am glad I did not disappoint you.

Craigy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO, Screws look awkward to me with the cab being way bigger than the bed. Reminds me of a Chevy Avalanche. Maybe it's because I'm an old fart and back in the day truck beds were always longer than the cab.
Fortunately we have a choice. I don't really need a back seat but most people do and a SCREW is a better choice for them.

I used to feel that way about the 4-door crew cab trucks when they first arrived. But now anything that's not a crew cab looks strange, god forbid a single cab.

Sledgehammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I liked the scab look better, but wanted my teenager age kids to have ample room, as well as i liked the much larger fuel tank on the screw.

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the look of the SCAB over a SCREW too. But got a SCREW to take the family on long trips. The last long trip for the four of us was Florida to New Joisey in a Honda Civic Hybrid. Horrible! The added room in the SCREW is more comfortable. The dealer also indicated better resale value.

I did see a YouTube video which pointed out that opening the rear door on a SCAB with a car parked close to you is difficult. Is that true? But I love the way the suicide doors fully opens up the cab.

So it really comes down to personal preference and intended use. If I trade up, I will be ordering a SCAB...probably in 2020 with the kids out of college. By then, Raptors will have the F100-PW-229 EEP engine. (same engine as the F-22 Raptor)