How many like the look of the SCAB but purchased SCREW?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Resale value is a lot higher on s Screw versus Scab. Bigger buyers market and demand for full four door trucks. They are just easier to live with on day to day basis.

Bigger buyers market? Sure. Higher resale? Maybe only proportional to how much more it was new.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you just take book out sheet through NADA or actual selling numbers at the dealer auction there is a big difference between the two. I am going to post screen shot from Manheim online. I am a dealer. There is a $7000 spread wholesale value between the two

Last edited:

1phatstang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with a SCAB this time because there are WAY fewer of them vs. the SCREW. For instance, I just checked on raptorfinder.com, and of the over 2,500 pending orders for the 2018MY which have been assigned a VIN, only 67 of them were SCABs, or less than 3 percent.

gryGhst17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6b15h3oe9n.jpg

145.0" wheelbase SuperCab vs. 156.8" wheelbase SuperCrew

Actually, scab is 133. That's what my window sticker says. Moved from a screw to a scab. 95% of the time I drive alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1phatstang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you just take book out sheet through NADA or actual selling numbers at the dealer auction there is a big difference between the two. I am going to post screen shot from Manheim online. I am a dealer. There is a $7000 spread wholesale value between the two
We can debate SCAB vs. SCREW all day long, and then some. Ultimately, you end up buying whatever floats your boat.

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess that's fine if you trade in. End of the day I bought mine for what I want, not for the future resale value. This truck is for fun, not an investment.

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am with you on that, that's why I bought mine, registered to me not the business and drive the shit out of it until the wheels fall off.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
scabs for life!!

i can count on one hand how many times ive had people ride in the back seat of mine.. so what if you have to open the door for them. i never had complaints, and i think one person commented they were surprised how much room there was in the back seat.