GEN 2 How long is Raptor Assault?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My wife and I will most likely drive to Utah - about 9 hours 1 way so trying to figure out timing to drive back...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take at least a week including your travel time. Raptor assault is only 2 days but it would be a shame not to spend an extra day or 3 in the area.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The day of the course is on by I think 7:30 or 8? and if all goes well you should be back and ready to go by about 4:30 PM, but budget time for 5:00 PM.

Seartrip

Reaction score
Raptor Assault is billed as a two day event, but it's really one. The first day is actually a dinner reception the evening before that is very light on information, but it gives you a chance to look around the facility and museum (some cool vehicles) and most importantly, meet other drivers as you'll need to pick a driving partner. The food wasn't anything great when I was there, and you can always get assigned a driving partner the next day if you skip the dinner reception.

The main driving portion is the second day. I think it started early (8:30am or so? Can't remember.) but we were done by 5pm. Lots of people had flights that evening and made it out.

I personally made sure I had time to attend the reception and leave the day after the driving portion so I didn't have to rush or worry about flights. But you could do one day if you wanted to depending on your travel details.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
skip the dinner

show up the morning of the drive.

Stay at least a day/night on Park city - will make your wife happy. Good restaurants and shopping. You dont need to stay in salt lake. Drive from park city is maybe an hour drive in the morning.

Thats my advice, but read other opinions too and decide what best for you.

copb8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll be coming in early first day, April 15, to look around Salt Lake City and then head to reception. Staying right next to airport day of event to catch an EARLY flight on the 17th. Probably head into SLC the 16th for a good meal.

Any local suggestions would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Toadster,
Do you ski? If so there's lots of great skiing around Salt Lake City. Should still be snow up at the peaks in early April. Park City is nice for after hours activities. Snowbird/Alta as well as many smaller and less expensive areas should also be open. Word of warning...wear sunblock; I looked like a lizard after 8 hours at Snowbird/Alta....
Also Bonneville salt flats are nearby..Where Mickey Thompson was once the fastest man on earth and Jessi Combs is the fastest woman on 4 wheels on earth.

Eddie

GM3SF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll second the dinner one day, class the next. We also thought it would be a two day affair and were surprised that it was only one. When I was there earlier this year they acknowledged that it was a bit misleading and that they were going to change the marketing material/website/emails. Guess they haven’t.

OP
OP
Toadster

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Toadster,
Do you ski? If so there's lots of great skiing around Salt Lake City. Should still be snow up at the peaks in early April. Park City is nice for after hours activities. Snowbird/Alta as well as many smaller and less expensive areas should also be open. Word of warning...wear sunblock; I looked like a lizard after 8 hours at Snowbird/Alta....
Also Bonneville salt flats are nearby..Where Mickey Thompson was once the fastest man on earth and Jessi Combs is the fastest woman on 4 wheels on earth.

Eddie

I wish... not a skiier though :(

we went by Moab and Bonneville when we picked up the truck in Colorado earlier this year... should be a pretty time of year though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts