How long did your truck sit at the train yard?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrblonde

Reaction score
How long did your truck sit at the train yard at the destination city before being delivered on an auto transport to the dealer?

oilman

Reaction score
How long did your truck sit at the train yard at the destination city before being delivered on an auto transport to the dealer?

2 months. It was supposed to be dropped off in Reno when it left Dearborn but the driver forgot. It ended up in Benicia and took them a month to locate it. In the meantime i went back to work and couldn’t take delivery. So i got all the windows tinted and a bed liner put in at cost. Just got the hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
mrblonde

mrblonde

Reaction score
2 months. It was supposed to be dropped off in Reno when it left Dearborn but the driver forgot. It ended up in Benicia and took them a month to locate it. In the meantime i went back to work and couldn’t take delivery. So i got all the windows tinted and a bed liner put in at cost. Just got the hassle.

That's disappointing!! I don't get any info from Ford or the dealer.

oilman

Reaction score
That's disappointing!! I don't get any info from Ford or the dealer.

It all worked out and i have been really happy with the truck. Cost for the windows and liner was cheap so i was happy in the end.

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
25 minutes

Mine was off the train and delivered by noon on the same day in Maryland. Dealer was ready to deliver it later that afternoon.

I have seen the transport truck arrive at the dealer, not full, the one today had just 3 F150’s on it.

OP
OP
mrblonde

mrblonde

Reaction score
Apparently it's private auto carriers once it leaves the train. So we are at their mercy.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haul new cars for a living and it’s whoever has the contract for that area and is usually a big company. The trucks come on trains to rail yards then get unloaded and scanned for bay location (where it’s parked in the yard) then released to the Transport carrier. Now with all that said the dealer can call the transport company with the VIN and find out the status and ask them to Expedite getting it to the dealer, that happens all the time. The dealer will call dispatch and say I have vin xxxx that is sold what is the ETA, at that point dispatch can tell them it’s on the way or make Arrangements to get it on a load ASAP.

Also transport carriers are rated on performance times meaning the manufacturer says we want the cars off the ground and on a truck to the dealer within X amount of time depending how far they go. So it’s not good for the carriers to sit on freight, well unless it’s a union company then boys don’t care about nothing. lol

Last edited:

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine arrived last Friday and was at the dealer Monday. The rail yard is less than half hour away.