How to Find a Raptor on a Dealer Lot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like many of you I have an order sitting in purgatory for several months waiting to be scheduled. As such I decided to try and find one on a dealer lot that matched my specs so I could get it sooner. I started searching cars.com and autotrader.com and eventually wrote a script to automate the process. I hadn't intended to release this, but given that so many people are getting shafted by Ford and their dealers I figured I would in the event it might help someone.

A couple disclaimers up front.
1) Just because it's on this list doesn't mean it's still available.
2) I don't list every available option (e.g. - spray in bedliner), but will start adding them if people request them.

How it works is it scans autotrader.com and cars.com every day for all the 2017 Ford Raptors. It collects the VINs from there and then searches the Ford ETIS system to get a detailed list of specs that I then parse into individual options. Please understand that I am not handing you a tool that gets you the Raptor of your dreams for $10k under MSRP with no work. I am simply giving you the most complete list I could find of Raptor VINs and breaking them down by their options. You'll still need to call the dealers and try to work something out. FWIW, I have called about 12 dealers who had Raptors that matched my specs. Most were sold at $7-10k over MSRP or were customer orders. The best deal I've found so far is $5k over, but your mileage may vary.

The link is https://www.racinenorth.com/raptor. If you have any questions or comments let me know.

Last edited:

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AMAZING tool, thank you

So if the AT or cars link doesn't go to an actual listing, that means the listing is gone?

OP
OP
P

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AMAZING tool, thank you

So if the AT or cars link doesn't go to an actual listing, that means the listing is gone?

It should go to a search results page with 1 result. If it doesn't then yeah, it's gone. I've been scanning for a few weeks so some of the links are now dead.

A_Train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like many of you I have an order sitting in purgatory for several months waiting to be scheduled. As such I decided to try and find one on a dealer lot that matched my specs so I could get it sooner. I started searching cars.com and autotrader.com and eventually wrote a script to automate the process. I hadn't intended to release this, but given that so many people are getting shafted by Ford and their dealers I figured I would in the event it might help someone.

2) I don't list every available option (e.g. - spray in bedliner), but will start adding them if people request them.

How it works is it scans autotrader.com and cars.com every day for all the 2017 Ford Raptors. It collects the VINs from there and then searching the Ford ETIS system to get a detailed list of specs that I then parse into individual options. Please understand that I am not handing you a tool that gets you the Raptor of your dreams for $10k under MSRP with no work. I am simply giving you the most complete list I could find of Raptor VINs and breaking them down by their options. You'll still need to call the dealers and try to work something out. FWIW, I have called about 12 dealers who had Raptors that matched my specs. Most were sold at $7-10k over MSRP or were customer orders. The best deal I've found so far is $5k over, but your mileage may vary.

The link is https://www.racinenorth.com/raptor. If you have any questions or comments let me know.

This kicks ass, man! Great work!

Monsoon Chopper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! Could you add a "State" pulldown? Just curious, I have mine already.

How I found mine, I went to Ford.com, built a Raptor and searched inventory by zip code - i think it can go out 50 or 100 miles. It will tell you what's at each dealer. And it will tell you if it's dealer ordered or not. But it was fairly accurate and that's how i found mine.

Again, great job!

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score

How it works is it scans autotrader.com and cars.com every day for all the 2017 Ford Raptors. It collects the VINs from there and then searches the Ford ETIS system to get a detailed list of specs that I then parse into individual options. Please understand that I am not handing you a tool that gets you the Raptor of your dreams for $10k under MSRP with no work. I am simply giving you the most complete list I could find of Raptor VINs and breaking them down by their options. You'll still need to call the dealers and try to work something out. FWIW, I have called about 12 dealers who had Raptors that matched my specs. Most were sold at $7-10k over MSRP or were customer orders. The best deal I've found so far is $5k over, but your mileage may vary.

Great work brother. This really something.

---------- Post added at 03:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

This could possibly be a sticky for future year and generation Raptors.

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, what a great gift to the community! THANK YOU for your contribution!!