How far away for remote start?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drjbeyer

Reaction score
I tried using my remote start today from about 30 feet and no luck. I had to get to about 15 feet for it to work. This seems odd. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to possibly change batteries in the fob?

OP
OP
D

drjbeyer

Reaction score
My fob start works from at least ~100ft

Press lock first, even if locked, then double click start

Yup, did that, but didn't work from over 20 feet away..

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Put the app on your phone and use it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Did that too..

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have 2 keyfobs? Try the second one to compare. 30 feet is way short. I was in the front of a supermarket, getting ready to step in line to check out and started the vehicle.from there. The truck was in the second row so at least 100 feet. But I did use the human extender method:) Which was holding the key fob under your chin while activating. Still amuses me that I can be an antenna!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Yeah, my experience is like JD; a long, long way.

Is it a consistent, repeatable issue, or only under certain conditions?

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always remote start my truck from my office before I leave work. I don't know if its because I'm on the second story and there is a pretty clear line of sight, but mine will reach 100 yards easily as well from here. Very impressed with the range of this remote!

theman1990

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've found line of sight is necessary... If it's blocked, ya gotta be close..... Otherwise it starts from 100yd plus