How easy are these trucks to steal ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigoil

Reaction score
I know if a thief wants to still your truck they can and will but is there anything different from gen 1 and gen 2 or new Ford 150s?

I also wonder if I'd be pretty easy to track with Ford Pass which I assume is similar to all Jack right ?

Anyone know of any Gen2s getting stolen ?

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For awhile now, the easiest way to steal vehicles has been with a tow truck, and in that regard, the Raptor is no more difficult to steal than any other truck of its size/weight.

Thieves just hook 'em up and drag 'em off to be parted out... no need to crack the ignition or battle anti-theft systems.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I know that the Gen I trucks don't have a problem getting stolen as nobody wants them anymore :lol2:

Come on... We don’t their partisans pi$$ing in our threads, let’s not give them reason to ! You might need gen 1 brother / sister to pull you from the mud one day, keep that in mind.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if you did the iwe delete and left it in 4wd when off it would be incredibly impossible for anyone to steal it with a tow truck.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
unless you can lift the whole thing up without binding the system, flat bed still wont work.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haven't seen many tow trucks in action I assume? A flat bed winch will drag anything on there, rolling wheels or not. There are plenty of wrecks where the whole underside of the vehicle is dragging on the pavement as it gets winched onto the flatbed.

I think a Bic pen would suffice to get into these aluminum trucks. Shotgun a beer, steal an F150.