How does the Raptor handle at highway speeds?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjstev

Reaction score
My Raptor is my only vehicle, so I will regularly be doing highway driving at 75 mph.

My question: how does the Raptor handle at these higher speeds? I know it's not a Corvette, but I am curious whether if I have to swerve to avoid an object in the road, if the Raptor feels stable or if it will roll over :biggrin:

Basically, how do you think the handling compares with a regular F150 at highway speeds?

OCMDRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, we've logged in 3K so far since mid December and much of that has been highway... although I cant compare it to F150's in general, it is still a large heavy vehicle with fairly high profile... blowoff from trucks will push you around but the truck responds well when you have to maneuver quickly... and you're right, its not a corvette and is susceptible to crosswinds... outside of that, it's a lot of weight to stop so don't tailgate...

bdub85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For a big truck on 35's, it handles like a sports car at highway speeds. Plus, it really likes to cruise at around 70-75. I'm very impressed at how well the Raptor drives on road being that it is designed as an offroad truck. Many times I'll be driving on a open highway with little to no traffic and not even realize I'm doing like 80.

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Swerve? Heck Things you would want to avoid in a car you can hop right over in a Raptor. Zipping in and out of lanes of traffic at speed is not worth the challenge. This is a Stay in your lane and punch it truck, of course there's always the idiots that don't understand the writing on their sideview mirror and pop in front of you into your lane. I'd describe it as a smooth highway cruiser. Speeding on windy curvy hwy she does feel like a boat and the waves get choppier and choppier the further out past the speed limit you go.in the fast lane is where she wants to be if the weather and road conditions agree. When conditions aren't suitable for your boat, get outta the fast lane until condition are suitable again.

OP
OP
J

jjstev

Reaction score
Seems reasonable, but there's always surprises.

For example, just the other day, I crested a hill and a giant 5x5 foot shipping crate was sitting right in the middle of my lane!

I had to swerve to avoid it.

Not common, obviously, but this type of thing happens a few times a year out here since no one ties down their stuff!

My hope is that the wider track of the Raptor compensates for the increased height/center of gravity, so that the overall stability is maintained.

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have only had mine 3 days but today while driving to Florence I had a smi in front of me and we were running 70 mph and a car pulled out in front of the smi and he went full on on the brakes. I got the collision warning and baled left and nailed the gas, the truck handled the very quick move grate. I was glad it did!