How do you know if a dealer really has an allocation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cioffdaddy

Reaction score
I am close to closing a deal for one at MSRP at a dealer that claims to have an allocation, but how do I know if they really have an allocation or not? I have talked to several other dealers who are willing to place an order for me and then wait and see if it gets pulled. These guys are wanting a $5k deposit, and I don't want to put that much down unless I can be sure they really have one.

I have read this thread but it doesn't seem to answer my question. Will an allocated order go straight to "submitted to plant" or to some other status that I can verify?

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f4/ordering-system-part-i-12351/

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think you are stuck with trusting what they tell you. I know of no other way to verify whether or not a dealer has allocation left.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am close to closing a deal for one at MSRP at a dealer that claims to have an allocation, but how do I know if they really have an allocation or not? I have talked to several other dealers who are willing to place an order for me and then wait and see if it gets pulled. These guys are wanting a $5k deposit, and I don't want to put that much down unless I can be sure they really have one.

I have read this thread but it doesn't seem to answer my question. Will an allocated order go straight to "submitted to plant" or to some other status that I can verify?

Good question. One that I have been trying to tackle since July of last year. I ask my dealer, weekly, on what's going on, of course. From there, I contact Ford Service on Facebook. Additionally, I chat online via fordvehicles.com, providing a sales code and order code. Finally, I call the Ford Customer Relations Center hotline @ 1-800-392-3673 {Select option 1 and then option 4, and then 5, to speak with an agent}.

But, in the end, one has to wonder if they're all reading from the exact same script, same information pool. Each entity will tell you the others may have additional information. However, in my case, it's ultimately arbitrary, as they all convene with the same cogent communication, "Your order is in Processing Status and your ETA is Unknown". Which is exactly where it has been since July.

I apologize, as I know this does not directly answer your query. I suppose the easiest, most concise answer would be to strive to have faith in, first, what your dealer is telling you--that they have a valid allocation. From there, I'm not sure what can be done, as most of us don't have regional reps' numbers in our contacts lists. Good luck to you. Good luck to us all.

R-S-S

Reaction score
found a use for the front air dam

Found a place in St. Louis area called Diode Dynamics http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/ that is making brackets to hold LED fog or driving lights. Sounds like they will be ready to roll on shipments in about 30 days or less. Till then I guess I will be the only one with the prototype. I'll send more photos later ....

Last edited:

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The only person that will know how many allocations and when they will be given out for sure is the zone rep. Zone reps deal with the sales manager in my case anyway. Zone reps normally don't have any contact with the customer. It's a hard thing to do with a dealer but you have to take there word and hope for the best. You could ask when the allocation they have can be used. It's not always available the sec the sale is made. Could be weeks or months.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the dealer has an allocation, couldnt you place the order and get an order number and a printout?

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was told I am #5 of 5 allocations from my dealer when I placed msrp order in November. No vin, build date or anything yet. But dealer now has one on his lot. (For a premium of course). What gives???

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was told I am #5 of 5 allocations from my dealer when I placed msrp order in November. No vin, build date or anything yet. But dealer now has one on his lot. (For a premium of course). What gives???

Allocations are pulled sequentially. That's likely #1 on the lot.

rms8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good question. One that I have been trying to tackle since July of last year. I ask my dealer, weekly, on what's going on, of course. From there, I contact Ford Service on Facebook. Additionally, I chat online via fordvehicles.com, providing a sales code and order code. Finally, I call the Ford Customer Relations Center hotline @ 1-800-392-3673 {Select option 1 and then option 4, and then 5, to speak with an agent}.

But, in the end, one has to wonder if they're all reading from the exact same script, same information pool. Each entity will tell you the others may have additional information. However, in my case, it's ultimately arbitrary, as they all convene with the same cogent communication, "Your order is in Processing Status and your ETA is Unknown". Which is exactly where it has been since July.

I apologize, as I know this does not directly answer your query. I suppose the easiest, most concise answer would be to strive to have faith in, first, what your dealer is telling you--that they have a valid allocation. From there, I'm not sure what can be done, as most of us don't have regional reps' numbers in our contacts lists. Good luck to you. Good luck to us all.

LOL....July 27th here. And still nada as well.

To twist the knife a bit more, I just read an article today regarding China's first shipment of Raptors. It showed LOTS of Raptors being loaded onto a ship.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score

OP, you should edit your post to include the following so people don't have to search

You cannot independently verify if your dealer has an actual allocation. You have to trust them.