How do you find the new 10 speed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnG

Reaction score
Your 10 speed is to be fitted to the '18 Mustang. Ford sell the Mustang GT in right hand drive over here in the UK and I am thinking about ordering an '18 Mustang with the 10 speed. We are not sold the Raptor so no one in the UK has any experience of the new automatic.

I would appreciate if any owner could say if they like the A10 and if you would recommend it, thanks.

OP
OP
J

JohnG

Reaction score
Sounds OK
You Raptorists are really giving it a good test out since you have way more torque than a Mustang GT!!

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nothing at all wrong with this transmission and it will only get better with some time under its belt.

OP
OP
J

JohnG

Reaction score
Thank you for replying. I cancelled my order for a '17 Mustang GT just for the new gearbox. Fingers crossed they get the programming right for the Pony car as Ford have done with the Raptor.

MostSecretAgentMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for replying. I cancelled my order for a '17 Mustang GT just for the new gearbox. Fingers crossed they get the programming right for the Pony car as Ford have done with the Raptor.

I'm liking it so far. I mean yeah it's no 6 speed obviously so 10 gears can take a bit of getting used to. Just don't expect new to act like old and you'll have a good time.

By the way these trans are going in the new camaro. so it will definitely be dialed in for a mustang!

noblesramair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I find in normal driving mode it shifts fine though I wish it would downshift faster when you really get on it. In sport mode i find it does search and shift hard sometimes but it seems to be hit or miss and I think the gear ratios are too tall in sport mode for regular driving. No complaints with the weather mode. I wish there was a mode between normal and sport though, something that wasn't so slow in shifting on normal mode but also didnt bring the rpms up so high before shifting like in sport mode. I havent really tried out the other modes for their intended purpose.