Holy sensory overload

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GOTSVT?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This new 17 is going to take some getting used to coming out of my 14!
The amount of new buttons on this truck have doubled.
Without a doubt I will be reading the owners manual.
Picking her up tomorrow.:special:

Also, had 92 miles on it......the note from Ford said 36. Asked the sales manager why all the miles.
Was told Ford pulled it when it was unloaded at the dealership to do more driving.......hard to believe since it had a full tank of gas.
Regardless, I have a good relationship so I'm not concerned.

Last edited:

1phatstang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer is required to deliver the vehicle with a full tank of fuel. They are charged for it on their invoice, and must pass it along to the customer. My invoice (not to be confused with the window sticker) showed the dealer was charged by Ford $74.52 for the full tank of fuel. Also, had not heard of Ford doing additional testing once the vehicle hit the ground at the dealership. Maybe 03'Darin knows if this is common.

Last edited:

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 36 is the miles documented for testing. The other mileage would be comprised of delivery mileage and transport mileage (back and forth to Roush).

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The 36 is the miles documented for testing. The other mileage would be comprised of delivery mileage and transport mileage (back and forth to Roush).

That's probably correct. Why in the world would the dealer tell him Ford pulled the truck after it got to the lot for additional testing. Maybe OP misunderstood what the dealer was telling him?

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im guessing the GM took it home.

My G2 had around 81 miles as well. My dealer GM told me weeks before delivery that they would be testing the vehicle for about 20-25 miles which I was ok with. He also said he would be driving it from the drop-off site (other dealership) which is yet another 20+ miles. Likely Ford also added 20+ miles as well prior to shipping. Didn't bother me and I'm glad it was driven some to make sure it was 100% before they delivered it to me.