holy crap these are hard to wash; what is a good foam wash?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I washed the raptor cause we had some good weather and the pollen crap was messing with my nose; and crap these are big to wash!!! Anyone recommend a foam thing that I see on Youtube etc? have not found a car wash yet that I can go thru because of size. thanks

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I washed the raptor cause we had some good weather and the pollen crap was messing with my nose; and crap these are big to wash!!! Anyone recommend a foam thing that I see on Youtube etc? have not found a car wash yet that I can go thru because of size. thanks
A few of my favorites!

My absolute favorite soap for using with a foam gun. It's designed specifically for using with a foam gun but it also works well at 1oz. of soap per 1 gallon of water for using with the two bucket method.

Chemical Guys Maxi Suds II - 128 oz | Free Shipping Available - Detailed Image

Badass foam cannon!

DI Accessories Foam Cannon | Free Shipping Available - Detailed Image

Vikingrl

Reaction score
I haven't washed my own car for 6-7 years since I've always had a car wash pass but I have been hand washing my raptor myself since I don't trust the car wash [emoji23]. I thought it was pretty easy and I'm super picky even washing the inside of all wheel wells, inside of the door jams and I was done in about a hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hagasan41

Full Access Member
Reaction score

AKSteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was pleasantly surprised by how clean I got my truck when I took it to one of those self wash places with a spray gun and foaming brush. DON'T USE THE FOAMING BRUSH! Those things are filthy. Just use the spray gun and hit it with low-pressure soap followed by high-pressure soap and then high pressure rinse. With Avalanche Gray, I've found I don't even need to dry the truck off. Just drive it dry.

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was pleasantly surprised by how clean I got my truck when I took it to one of those self wash places with a spray gun and foaming brush. DON'T USE THE FOAMING BRUSH! Those things are filthy. Just use the spray gun and hit it with low-pressure soap followed by high-pressure soap and then high pressure rinse. With Avalanche Gray, I've found I don't even need to dry the truck off. Just drive it dry.

I use the brush all the time on all my cars with no issues.....just hit it with the pressure wand to clean it off before using....then it's clean....

rohardi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how I'll be washing my truck. I live in a building with an underground parking garage, but no hose to wash cars with. Currently I use optimum no rinse and the 2 bucket method on my car and it works well. I feel like the truck will be too big for this method. Any suggestions? Is there a portable power washer system that I could hook a foam cannon up to that doesn't need a hose? I have electrical in the garage.

HUFN8OR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use No Rinse, two buckets, a woolish sponge and about 4 towels. I can do my entire Raptor in about 60-90 minutes by myself and I'm very particular. I've even done it this way twice inside my garage with very little mess.