Hit 36,000 Miles today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KentSD

www.BookBaja.com Baja yacht Support
Reaction score
Hit the Golden 36k mile marker today.

Bought the truck Dec 28th 2016

Today is December 24th 2017

Overview-

10 Baja Trips 4 to Cabo 5 to Loreto
12 trips in to the Dealer
1 melted oil pan, 1 cracked oil pan
12 BFG 37x12.5x17 tires
2 Vacuum Lines
Leaking Rear Diff
2 bent exhaust tips
2 sets of brake
1 set of rotors

I have put this thing through hell and if it was any other truck it would have caught on fire a long time ago.

Good thing i bought the extended warranty :ROFLJest:

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 8.jpg
    FullSizeRender 8.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 392
  • _84A9671.jpg
    _84A9671.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 129
  • FullSizeRender 11.jpg
    FullSizeRender 11.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 129
  • DJI_0042 copy.jpg
    DJI_0042 copy.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 132
  • FullSizeRender 17.jpg
    FullSizeRender 17.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 134

unixadm

Reaction score
Right on man - that's awesome. Great pics and I'm sure it has brought you a lot of enjoyment along the way. Is it holding up better than you expected? Hows the interior doing from a wear/rattle standpoint?

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dam dude!!! Thats awesome. Here I am with a 3 month old 18 less that 1500 miles on it. lol

paulny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is freakin' awesome! Can you provide more feedback as unixadm has requested? Curious to know how it's holding up after being treated the way it's supposed to. Merry Christmas to you and that beast of machine.

OP
OP
KentSD

KentSD

www.BookBaja.com Baja yacht Support
Reaction score
Thats awesome Kent! Keep it up.

3 sets of tires in 36k miles??

yeah ive blown them before they reach their tread life. Wish they made a E load 37

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Right on man - that's awesome. Great pics and I'm sure it has brought you a lot of enjoyment along the way. Is it holding up better than you expected? Hows the interior doing from a wear/rattle standpoint?

No squeaks nada. Passender door makes a little noise but they replaced the part without issue. About 12k of the miles are dirt etc.

air00mike

Reaction score
So OP, you averaged one dealer visit a month for the past year, I understand you put your truck through the ringer, but isn't that a bit excessive?

I've got an '18 on order and every reference I see on this forum to dealer visits, issues, and/or reliability has me a bit gun shy is all.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So OP, you averaged one dealer visit a month for the past year, I understand you put your truck through the ringer, but isn't that a bit excessive?

I've got an '18 on order and every reference I see on this forum to dealer visits, issues, and/or reliability has me a bit gun shy is all.

You do realize that he put on 3,000 miles of hard and also off road driving per month. Given his driving habits, I dont think his visits were excessive. I have 10,000 miles and 1 visit to dealer for just an oil change.

This (and more) is to be expected with the ecoboost family.

Oh poor Sasquatch, no matter how much you bash the Raptor, it still wont drop in price enough for you to afford one. But maybe your local dealer will let you take a test drive.