GEN 2 High pitch whine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something weird today, after driving on local streets for about 30 mins to get home, after I shut off the truck, I heard a very faint high pitch whine. Its very low volume, have to be within 10 ft to hear it. Frequency is probably in the 3-4khz range, but that is just a guess. It is loudest at the passenger wheel well.

It sounds like a capacitor discharging. Lasted for almost 20 mins.

Anyone else observed this before? I couldnt believe it was coming from the truck.

pillowsoft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I almost made a post about this!! I got home from a drive and decided to wash my truck as I was drying, I notice a whine almost like the fuel pumps staying primed.

Its similar to the SMG priming on my M5 but much higher pitched.

I could almost activate the whine when opening the doors,, (edit: I just checked I can't make the noise come on but I swear there was a high pitched whine going on when I was drying it. so OP your not crazy! lol)

Ill try to capture it on video soon...

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually have a video of it, not exciting. Will post later.

dirtslinger

Reaction score
I just bought my truck this weekend, I stopped for a while after about a 2 hour drive, and opened up the passenger door, and I heard the same noise, it lasted about 20 minutes also. It was loudest at the passenger wheel well.
What the heck is it??