Here are the Raptor engine specs...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lightman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Folks - feel free to discredit my info or source as much as you like...however a very good friend of mine is an engineer with ford, who works at the actual plant where these engines are being made. He said they're making 1000/wk...so unless they are going in other vehicles, I think a lot of us that paid sticker or more for these trucks are going to be surprised when the production is pretty large..but for that we will see...

Ok on to the fun stuff... I asked him last night to go check, and he replied from work this morning. He spoke with the gentleman who's involved with this engine project - name and title withheld obviously, and apparently they have several up where he is in Dearborn at their facility doing durability testing.

450HP 500lbs torque.

He added an addl comment that 'it doesn't sound tough like the old raptor. It's tuned with a high pitch' . Don't shoot the messenger, I have one on order too..hope it sounds good! I think it will have more of a tuned sound...similar to how a porsche/ferarri etc sounds different from a v8 vette...less meaty but still cool.

I'm pretty happy with the numbers! They are right around what everyone expected.

Last edited:

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are respectable numbers for sure. I will feel better when I hear some official word.

Dewserb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that pans out to be true, it'll be exactly what I figured it would be, and I'll be quite happy. That is, of course, until SCT and HP unlock the PCM.... :biggrin:

OP
OP
L

Lightman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My friend has been an engineer for Ford for 20+ years or so ...I don't doubt his connection is legit, but of course - you're reading that from someone you don't know on the net..I get it. I'll 'feel better' when we get official word too - but I'd bet his info is pretty accurate unless something changes this late in the game which I doubt. Either way, Ford has said we are getting more power than the last one, so whatever it is, will be great methinks :)

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Love the numbers. Emailing unreleased information from work is just crazy. If all this info is actually true I hope it doesnt affect the persons job. Just not worth it.

taco - nothing was emailed, nor did I mention any specifics...I think we are good...these trucks will be out pretty soon :)

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those numbers don't make sense to me. Only 30 lb-ft more torque than the standard F150, but HP is up by 75?

That's backwards. The new 3.5 gained 10 HP with a 50 lb-ft increase in torque in the standard version. Pumping in another 30 lb-ft shouldn't make the HP suddenly pop like that.

The Raptor will have a higher redline, but max HP on a turbo will be lower in the rev range so that shouldn't matter.

Am I missing something here? 450/550 would be a more reasonable ratio.

Last edited: