Help Understanding Order Process?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nobulate

Reaction score
Hello all...

I was hoping someone with some experience with all this Raptor ordering can help me understand the process. I get the feeling the dealership I placed my order through is not giving me the whole story.

Basically, I signed off on my order literally one month ago (I signed a "preview order" sheet and was told it would be submitted the following Monday) but seem to get the run around as I ask for an order number. They are stating they don't have an order number as of yet and "won't". Something to do with allocation?

Would someone mind explaining to this lowly little guy what the typical process I should expect through this process? Shouldn't I at least be able to get an order number?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeaaaaaa, The info I asked for is not in that thread.....

To me, it seemed a given. Once you have: Last name/Dealer #/Order number....you are in the system and the order can be tracked by the various means given. As far as when the order gets picked up, a build date assigned, etc. There are allocation/priority/commodity availability factors. On the link provided is a FAQ section that will dive into those issues. Hope that helps.

rohardi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To me, it seemed a given. Once you have: Last name/Dealer #/Order number....you are in the system and the order can be tracked by the various means given. As far as when the order gets picked up, a build date assigned, etc. There are allocation/priority/commodity availability factors. On the link provided is a FAQ section that will dive into those issues. Hope that helps.

I appreciate the info. I have my order number, dealer number, and last name, but it still not showing up in the system. I ordered about a week ago. You would think it would be pretty quick, but apparently not.

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the info. I have my order number, dealer number, and last name, but it still not showing up in the system. I ordered about a week ago. You would think it would be pretty quick, but apparently not.

I can't see why they would not be able to find you with valid info in hand. Once I had the info on my 2 orders, I was in the system and track-able(FWIW). Only 2 pieces of advise I have for you is
a)to wait a day or 2 and reach out again. and
b) know that patience is your best friend when it comes to getting a vehicle from initial order to final delivery. This 2nd order has been longer than even I anticipated.

Edit: To clarify, I have never had to wait on either of my orders, they were picked up immediately. My '11 was one of the first built/delivered. My '17 was an early Oct. build....and of course...is not expected to be arriving anytime soon.

Last edited:

Djsurace

Reaction score
I ordered yesterday, got the order number today and I am already in the system. All the ******** I've been through I had to verify with ford service immediately.

Sounds a little fishy...