Help! Unable to Locate Cabin Squeak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scoresman903

Reaction score
So, at about 35 MPH, my Raptor has developed a cabin squeak.

It sounds like it's coming from over my right shoulder. A lower pitch noise as opposed to a higher frequency squeak. But attempts to isolate it by someone sitting in the back have been to no avail.

It's annoying, but I can always drive with the radio on until it needs to go in for service.

Meanwhile, has anyone encountered this and if so, where you able to find / fix it?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
So, does anyone else hear it? Imaginary friends don’t count.

mods? extra stuff in the truck? stuff behind passenger rear seat loose?

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one right in the supercab door panel sounds like to me at least. Mine sounds like a plastic noise. Its only when the truck is on certain roads. I had my local dealer tech ride with me and he heard it. I left it with them for a whole day. He said they fixed a washer on the back seat, aligned the tailgate. The top stuck out a bit from the bed side. They said that was causing the noise heard in the cab? I just went with it, not really buying it. I took the truck and within 5 minutes the sound was there again. At that point is was not taking it back to them, I had my doubts and I was correct. They did at least fix the tailgate issue which was nice. I will be taking it to my purchasing dealer in the future.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Might get my tailgate tweaked like you did... mine isn't perfect but honestly it's really close I am just **** and notice everything.

For what it's worth I too have a slight squeak in my driver's door panel that I didn't have before doing some mild off-roading. The dealership worked on it... sounded good for about 5 minutes but now it's back. It's not very noticeable but still drives me crazy when I have the radio off.

derekg1988

Reaction score
Might get my tailgate tweaked like you did... mine isn't perfect but honestly it's really close I am just **** and notice everything.

For what it's worth I too have a slight squeak in my driver's door panel that I didn't have before doing some mild off-roading. The dealership worked on it... sounded good for about 5 minutes but now it's back. It's not very noticeable but still drives me crazy when I have the radio off.

Mine is the same way, it's hard to explain. I'm fixing to grease everything in my driver door with the krytok grease that they use for the sunroof

taoseno

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adjust the seat belt height adjuster; that is where my squeak is coming from....after many miles of trying to figure it out. Mine developed after off-roading too

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you checked this but I had a rattle on mine that sounded like the dreaded sunroof squeak from the passenger side but is the seat belt buckle for the front passenger side not touching anything and fully retracted? If not it will vibrate against the seat and B pillar and sound like it's coming from the sunroof.