Help with some grinding noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cao0215

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at your post, and find my 17's start the first 5 mins will have 2 to 3 metal clanking like yours, then disappear, is it normal?

Last edited:

salts001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at your post, and find my 17's start the first 5 mins will have 2 to 3 metal clanking like yours, then disappear, is it normal?

2-3 metal clanks is correct but it’s very random when it happens to me. It only happened maybe 6 or 7 times with the last 2weeks. That sound can make ur stomach turn.

I brought it in to the dealer this weeken...long story short they didn’t even look t the truck as they claim they were too busy. I took the truck back that night and was furious! The service manager contacted me next day apologizing etc. So I will give them one last chance Monday plus I need them fix the ventilated seat.

I did buy the tube with the check valve on it FL3Z-3A788-A. I did not replace it just yet.

solarwinds

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think almost everybody has had this issue. i did too. its like the gen2 flaw like fuse27 was to gen1.

squeak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer replaced mine on the passenger side. Said the hose/ tube was damaged but not by me. Haven't heard it since.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

cao0215

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2-3 metal clanks is correct but it’s very random when it happens to me. It only happened maybe 6 or 7 times with the last 2weeks. That sound can make ur stomach turn.

I brought it in to the dealer this weeken...long story short they didn’t even look t the truck as they claim they were too busy. I took the truck back that night and was furious! The service manager contacted me next day apologizing etc. So I will give them one last chance Monday plus I need them fix the ventilated seat.

I did buy the tube with the check valve on it FL3Z-3A788-A. I did not replace it just yet.

oh, i only have 2 to 3 on start or first 5 mins, then it's all good.

salts001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Giving an update - as expected the dealer was unable to replicate the sound and they are well aware of the sound I'm referring to. It's frustrating but I will be changing the part tonight.