Help me choose between two Raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chujk1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey! Need the advice of some current owners and fellow Raptor fans.

I have been looking for an 801a (yes, not looking for 802a) for quite some time and finally found two near me.

1) 2018 Oxford White 801a - Integrated trailer brake cont - msrp $57,955
2) 2018 Lead Foot Grey - 801a w/ moonroof, torsen front dif, tailgate step - msrp $59,945

Here is the kicker. The lead foot grey build has the options I would ideally like, but they will not budge off of MSRP. With that being said, white build is giving up a few options, but they will give me $2,000 off MSRP @ $56,000 even. Both are giving me the same amount for my trade.

I like both color options somewhat equally, although I do think the lead foot grey is more unique while the white is more "clean".

What would you do?

Last edited:

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey! Need the advice of some current owners and fellow Raptor fans.

I have been looking for an 801a (yes, not 802a) for quite some time and finally found two near me.

1) Oxford White 801a - Integrated trailer brake cont - msrp $57,955
2) Lead Foot Grey - 801a w/ moonroof, torsen front dif, tailgate step - msrp $59,945

Here is the kicker. The lead foot grey build has the options I would ideally like, but they will not budge off of MSRP. With that being said, white build is giving up a few options, but they will give me $2,000 off MSRP @ $56,000 even. Both are giving me the same amount for my trade.

I like both color options somewhat equally, although I do think the lead foot grey is more unique while the white is more "clean".

What would you do?

Just curious. What would it matter what I would do?

I wouldn't buy a 801 so I guess you should say no to both.

OP
OP
C

chujk1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both 2018?

Yes, sorry, both 2018.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Just curious. What would it matter what I would do?

I wouldn't buy a 801 so I guess you should say no to both.

I guess its more so just asking everyone's opinion...would you pay a $4k premium for essentially $2k more in upgrades?

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, sorry, both 2018.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

I guess its more so just asking everyone's opinion...would you pay a $4k premium for essentially $2k more in upgrades?

That's only a question you can answer. Depends only on how much you want those options and color and also on your financial situation. $2k is a lot to some and a rounding error to others.

Sorry, but that's why anything anyone else tells you means little.

Get what will make you happiest. To some, that's the color/ options they want and to others it's the best price or deal.

atomictyler

Reaction score
Can you get the Leadfoot dealer to give more on your trade in?

How long are you planning to keep it? If it's a long time I'd get the one with all the options I want over the one that doesn't have them.

Bjoeaull

Reaction score
If you can live without those options, Id go with the white one, thats a solid deal!

raminator08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're looking for the best deal, go with the white one. You'll probably end up making money when you go to trade it in. Otherwise go with what you like best in terms of color and options. Personally, I'm not a fan of moonroofs. I've had some issues in the past with leakage and also seen several panoramic Ford ones break. Torsion front diff is nice for offroading and I think I can feel a difference after driving a Raptor with and without one in the sand but I didn't get stuck with either so you may not need it. The little stuff like trailer brake and tailgate step wouldn't be enough to swing me either way.
Also looking at resale value, the 802a are not keeping their 7k difference from the 801a. Most of the people in the real world buying raptors aren't like the people on this forum. A used 801a sold for 1k under sticker while a similar year and mileage 802a went for 4k under sticker at the same dealership according to a salesperson there. New sticker was about 8k difference. But if you're using all the extra features then price doesn't matter as much.

OP
OP
C

chujk1985

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can live without those options, Id go with the white one, thats a solid deal!
Thanks for the insight!

If you're looking for the best deal, go with the white one. You'll probably end up making money when you go to trade it in. Otherwise go with what you like best in terms of color and options. Personally, I'm not a fan of moonroofs. I've had some issues in the past with leakage and also seen several panoramic Ford ones break. Torsion front diff is nice for offroading and I think I can feel a difference after driving a Raptor with and without one in the sand but I didn't get stuck with either so you may not need it. The little stuff like trailer brake and tailgate step wouldn't be enough to swing me either way.
Also looking at resale value, the 802a are not keeping their 7k difference from the 801a. Most of the people in the real world buying raptors aren't like the people on this forum. A used 801a sold for 1k under sticker while a similar year and mileage 802a went for 4k under sticker at the same dealership according to a salesperson there. New sticker was about 8k difference. But if you're using all the extra features then price doesn't matter as much.

This is really the response and insight I was looking for. I appreciate it!