GEN 2 Help...late allocation '17 Depreciation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
While not defending KBB, I would say the 3k difference between a 13-14 Raptor is about right when both trucks have the same options/miles.

At least in my searches.

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
While not defending KBB, I would say the 3k difference between a 13-14 Raptor is about right when both trucks have the same options/miles.

At least in my searches.

Yep. Saying $1000 for a whole model year difference considering same options/conditions and mileage doesn't add up. Sounds more like a justification.

Lat

Reaction score
A 2017 will always be worth less than a 2018 all other things being equal.

and a 2018 will always be worth less than a 2019 all other things being equal. My point is that this line of thinking will never get people to buy what they want because they're afraid of depreciating value.

rsoucy12

Reaction score
It had the same dilemma but went with the 2017. I like Avalanche that much....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sw1tc43d

Reaction score
It all depends on your situation. If you're not trading a vehicle towards the truck and can stand to wait until the 18s are released (I can't) then go for it.

I'm trading a vehicle in and don't feel like losing 3-5k in value with the miles and depreciation off of that. That makes getting a 17 or 18 for me basically a wash. And I'm impatient as ****...

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
I think the bigger question is what will the depreciation hit be on the ecoboost Raptor when a different engine is available? The 5.4 vs 6.2 Raptor price difference is about $10k.

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$3000 is more accurate in the difference between a 13 and 14. Check KBB.

Yes, but isn't a good bit of that difference because of 14 being the last year of the GEN1? The market dictates price, and I feel the perception is that the value of the last year models will be worth more. Time will tell...