Help finding an MSRP Dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so had a dealer pull a bait and switch on me, lured me in with a promise of msrp and then threw on 10k of adm when i was about to sign. So I promptly left. I am on a wait list at another dealer in my town but its a long wait from what i can tell. Do any of you have recommendations of dealers around the country i can order an 18 for msrp and wont try to add dealer crap to the truck including adm. Any help would be great. Sorry if there is another thread for this already, i couldn't find it and thought that this could yield some updated info anyways.

I am hoping to find a no nonsense dealer that will make the process painless, let me order and not try to pull any crap at delivery. Hoping to be in an out.

thank you for any help that you can offer.

OP
OP
C

cardude99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i talked to a dealer in KY called Airport Ford, they seem to be willing to let me order at msrp and said i can order right away, anyone dealt with them before? I want to make sure they are not wasting my time. Also is anyone has done a custom order out of state before please let me know the process so i know what to expect.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I was going to order but like you, had a dealer bait and switch me for a 10K ADM. I ended up buying a ‘dealer stock’ truck, fully provisioned. Although I was trading in, they quoted me out the door $ before I ever set foot in the dealership. Once they did that, I put a deposit down. Again, still having not set foot in the dealership, over an hour away from me. Then I waited for Ford to deliver Lucille to the dealership. They even ball parked my trade with pics, and really gave me a good deal on the trade in, I doubt I could have sold it straight up for what they gave me on my old car. Again, I got absolutely no surprises.

My point here is you can negotiate remotely - hell, my actual quote for the out the door price was by text ! First time I’ve struck a deal for a vehicle by text message.

If you know the options you want and are dead set on ordering, tell them you want an out the door price, with an order form and other such official paperwork - see the ordering process threads in the gen 2 gen’l discussion forum.

Good luck!

OP
OP
C

cardude99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks man, trying to get the 801 with beadlocks and the moonroof in shadow black, not an easy combo to find due to the 801 as i am trying to keep the cost down, dont need all of the tech. if you dont mind please let me know who your dealer is. i am hoping that i can place an order with a dealer this week. Maybe i am optimistic but got to try.

Jspeers89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did an extensive search for a raptor. I live in southwest Texas. There are some Raptors in Odessa Texas sewell ford that are being sold close to msrp (approx 2-3k over) that I almost bought from and then there are actually 2 black Raptors selling for msrp in mesquite Texas, town east ford. I wouldn't have gotten my local deal if I didn't have these two companies out of town working to get my potential business. I believe all of them have 802a but the cost difference between 801a is maybe 3k on average. Let me know if I can help. Good luck.

TigerRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 18 is due to come in on the 21st. I am in Baton Rouge Louisiana and my dealer is Allstar Ford and they will do MSRP on an 18 order. No BS, no secret handshake and easy to deal with. Dwight Anthony is my salesman. His phone number is 225-490-1804. Email: [email protected]. Tell him I sent you and they will take care of you.

OP
OP
C

cardude99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
U
My 18 is due to come in on the 21st. I am in Baton Rouge Louisiana and my dealer is Allstar Ford and they will do MSRP on an 18 order. No BS, no secret handshake and easy to deal with. Dwight Anthony is my salesman. His phone number is 225-490-1804. Email: [email protected]. Tell him I sent you and they will take care of you.
Right on man, thank you!! Can you pm me your name so I can tell him who is referring me?

Last edited:

vitaminR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spent over a week dealing with this same scenario once I was ready to commit (had to wait until I sold my 08 F350 dually).

In the end I found a truck for MSRP less than 40 minutes from my house. I'd written off that super small dealer in the very beginning of my search as probably not even getting an allocation and I started looking at the bigger dealers in Northern VA (big mistake).

Open google maps and search for ford dealers near you. If you live in a big city then move off to the side and get outta town. Find the smallest dealers you can and just start calling and asking for the general sales mgr and just don't play games. Tell them clearly you are looking to buy a truck that will be optioned around $xxK and you are willing to pay taxes, tags and reasonable processing fees and ask if they want to sell one today with those terms.

My thinking here was to let them know up front that that they were going to be able to make the extra profit on the options I wanted (because thats how dealer invoicing works) I thought would be icing on the cake for them vs a stripper model. On the 15-20th call that morning I struck gold and found a dealer that had already ordered one for inventory but it didn't have a VIN yet. I was able to make changes and place a deposit.

Im still waiting for a VIN but I am their second Raptor for 2018 and the first one was pulled and that guy has a VIN and I believe his build date is already passed. They told me by switching the order from stock to retail I am more likely to get pulled faster. Who knows.