Heated Steering Wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I live in Canada. I wouldnt order a vehicle with it.

I've driven vehicles with heated steering wheels before, and my current vehicle has heated seats. They are features I can take or leave. I won't be buying new enough cars in the future to have these features and I honestly will not miss it.

I miss daily driving my gutted car, which I drove in the middle of winter too even when it was -40. no heated seats or steering wheel there and I loved driving that more than my current daily.

Heated steering wheel, heated seats, and cooled seats will always be staples in any vehicle I own as a DD.

The Mav

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Too each their own.

Not worth the added electronic crap or cost to me. If my hands are cold I'll be a man and deal with it till the truck warms up.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Too each their own.

Not worth the added electronic crap or cost to me. If my hands are cold I'll be a man and deal with it till the truck warms up.

So for $155, if it stops working, then don't replace it. But for $155, even if it worked for a week, it'd be worth it.

Miker397

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have snowmobile gloves that cost more than my heated steering wheel option. Total no brainer for northerners unless you enjoy cold hands.

The Mav

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So for $155, if it stops working, then don't replace it. But for $155, even if it worked for a week, it'd be worth it.

but that $155 could be spent on fuel. Not worth it even for $5.

I have snowmobile gloves that cost more than my heated steering wheel option. Total no brainer for northerners unless you enjoy cold hands.

well you're spending too much on snowmobile gloves.

Miker397

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Omg! A subway footlong or a heated steering wheel? You have a stretched budget if you won't take it for $5!

Ok the gloves were maybe a little less,but I ride 400 miles in ten below sometimes and dexterity and warm hands are nice to have on a sled.

AKSteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The truck I bought last week was a special order that a guy backed out on. I still can't believe he ordered a truck like this for Alaska and didn't select the heated steering wheel or heated rear seat options. But he did decide to get the $1,000 hood graphics. Anyway, I have a garage for the truck, so it's no big deal for me. For the price, the 802A package should probably include the heated steering wheel and rear seats anyway.

The Mav

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Omg! A subway footlong or a heated steering wheel? You have a stretched budget if you won't take it for $5!

Ok the gloves were maybe a little less,but I ride 400 miles in ten below sometimes and dexterity and warm hands are nice to have on a sled.

lol ten below. Cute.
I know all about snowmobiling in cold weather.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds silly, but in cold weather it really keeps you warmer.

Absolutely! I always missed it in all the Wrangler Unlimited's I've had. As with many things, not all heated wheels are the same either! 2016 Denali seemed sufficient enough.......but holy smokes, the '17 Rebel really cranks out the heat! I love it :biggrin:.

Mapleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably the one thing I will miss about my Sierra is the headed steering wheel. So nice getting in truck after freezing your nuts off waiting for a deer to walk by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk