Are heated mirrors not included on a base Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

troverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK guys, my new 2018 Raptor (base 800A) does not seem to have heated outside mirrors! What! It has a heated rear window. Is this not a standard feature? The mirrors are power-adjust and that is all. Not even the little LED repeater most F-150's have. Can the mirror heater be added? Even my basic XLT Super Duty trucks all had heated mirrors (but not heated rear glass).

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK guys, my new 2018 Raptor (base 800A) does not seem to have heated outside mirrors! What! It has a heated rear window. Is this not a standard feature? The mirrors are power-adjust and that is all. Not even the little LED repeater most F-150's have. Can the mirror heater be added? Even my basic XLT Super Duty trucks all had heated mirrors (but not heated rear glass).

You need to add the optional mirrors; that is what I did on my 2017. Unless something has changed, they will then become body colored, be heated, include turn signal indicators, and also have LED lights that shine down.

OP
OP
T

troverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to add the optional mirrors; that is what I did on my 2017. Unless something has changed, they will then become body colored, be heated, include turn signal indicators, and also have LED lights that shine down.

Thanks Jeff. Can I ask what the cost was? Any re-wiring needed? Any programming needed? I would like to do this if the price was reasonable.

marcomilano77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 801a mirrors without led lights etc. I looked into adding them at some point. They're around $600 each [emoji53]
Guess I'll deal with not having them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jeff. Can I ask what the cost was? Any re-wiring needed? Any programming needed? I would like to do this if the price was reasonable.

I believe it is a $540 option from the factory. I can't speak for how easy it would be to add them now, but I bet it can be done. Your local service department should be able to provide that info.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I must have unicorn mirrors then- I got an 801a w/ bunch of a la carte options- including BLIS warning light & the LED spot lighting but incorporated into the black plastic “base” mirrors lol

I MUCH prefer the look/feel of the “plain” black textured plastic lights/door handles on the trucks though, fits the character much more “purpose built” vs the body colored plastic caps that IMHO look chintzy & asking to get scraped up.

Like without a doubt esp on black/grey/silver/white trucks I really feel the base mirrors look better

Stroked out

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I must have unicorn mirrors then- I got an 801a w/ bunch of a la carte options- including BLIS warning light & the LED spot lighting but incorporated into the black plastic “base” mirrors lol

I MUCH prefer the look/feel of the “plain” black textured plastic lights/door handles on the trucks though, fits the character much more “purpose built” vs the body colored plastic caps that IMHO look chintzy & asking to get scraped up.

Like without a doubt esp on black/grey/silver/white trucks I really feel the base mirrors look better
Yeah, i kept my plain black caps when i changed my mirrors to autofold mirrors.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score

My 2020 801a came with those, they weren't options.

Agreed. Black looks better on a Raptor. My mirror caps are starting to show scuffs and the black plastic is going to be easier to maintain. Actually, I should say that they'll look better without any maintenance, which is what I'm planning.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 802a 2017 has never been off-road and the painted mirrors are already chipping around the edges. I’m probably gonna get carbon ones.