Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]

Has Anyone Line-X'd Their Front Skid Plate?

This is a discussion on Has Anyone Line-X'd Their Front Skid Plate? within the Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
Thinking about getting my front skid plate Line-X'd. It would be for looks and hopefully add some functional protection as ...

User Tag List

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2017, 10:31 AM   #1 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Has Anyone Line-X'd Their Front Skid Plate?
Thinking about getting my front skid plate Line-X'd. It would be for looks and hopefully add some functional protection as well. I dented my gen 1's skid plate pretty good offroading and had to replace it, but it was just powdercoated. After seeing all the Line-X promotional videos, I think it would add some margin of protection and hopefully help prevent some dents. Has anyone ever done this? If so, what were your results?

2017 Lightning Blue SCREW- 802A, tech package, carbon fiber, moon roof, Fab Fours Vengeance Pre-Runner front bumper with lots of LEDs, 20x9 Fuel Vapor wheels with 37x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grappler tires, Icon 2.25" front level, Line-X bed spray, tinted windows, retractable bed cover
ChevyChad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 10:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Full Access Member

I did, there's 2 sections

The actual front skid on the bottom and the "fake" skid that Ford just painted silver that's actually a part of the bumper

I'm playing with doing the bumper in Line ultra and had regular Line on the skid
ChevyChad likes this.
BajaFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 11:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I'm going to do it when I get mine. I remember seeing another person do it on here. Might've been plastidip but either way, somebody post some pics!
chi_weezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 11:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Originally Posted by chi_weezy View Post
I'm going to do it when I get mine. I remember seeing another person do it on here. Might've been plastidip but either way, somebody post some pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ChevyChad likes this.
marcomilano77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 11:33 AM   #5 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)

Originally Posted by ChevyChad View Post
Thinkin' 'bout gettin' my front skid plate Line-X'd for looks & hopefully prevent dents.
plastidip it to match yer tailgate
Attached Thumbnails
applique2.jpg  

Last edited by Jake17; 06-15-2017 at 12:49 PM.
Jake17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 11:40 AM   #6 (permalink)

Full Access Member

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by Jake17 View Post
stellar idea
Guess I could just cover it with fake carbon fiber wanna be stickers. Thatd probably be even more baller huh

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

Originally Posted by BajaFred View Post
I did, there's 2 sections

The actual front skid on the bottom and the "fake" skid that Ford just painted silver that's actually a part of the bumper

I'm playing with doing the bumper in Line ultra and had regular Line on the skid
Yea, Ive already switched out my front stock bumper, so all that remains on mine is the actual lower skid plate. So now the silver sticks out like a sore thumb. Another reason I think the line-x would blend in better with my setup.
Attached Thumbnails
rap4.jpg  

2017 Lightning Blue SCREW- 802A, tech package, carbon fiber, moon roof, Fab Fours Vengeance Pre-Runner front bumper with lots of LEDs, 20x9 Fuel Vapor wheels with 37x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grappler tires, Icon 2.25" front level, Line-X bed spray, tinted windows, retractable bed cover

Last edited by ChevyChad; 06-14-2017 at 11:45 AM.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

linex will work great and look nice as long as you dont use truck for off road use. As soon as that skid gets into the rocks/jumping impact all of the linex will shed off and show through.
byz250f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 12:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

Full Access Member

(Thread Starter)
I do plan to offroad it. Not too many crazy jumps around here, but definitely some rough terrain would not be out of the question. I would hope that the line-X would hold up to anything like that. I have put lots of crazy stuff in my line-x beds (both this one and my previous gen 1) with zero degradation or peeling off of the material itself.

If line-x will not hold up, I may as well just apply the spray can bed liner to it. At least with that, I'd be able to touch it up if it gets scuffed or whatever. But I liked the idea of line-x for its abilities to protect anything that it is coated with.

Old 06-14-2017, 12:38 PM   #9 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I have my monstaliner, I just havent gotten around to doing it yet
xrocket21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Originally Posted by ChevyChad View Post
I do plan to offroad it. Not too many crazy jumps around here, but definitely some rough terrain would not be out of the question. I would hope that the line-X would hold up to anything like that. I have put lots of crazy stuff in my line-x beds (both this one and my previous gen 1) with zero degradation or peeling off of the material itself.

If line-x will not hold up, I may as well just apply the spray can bed liner to it. At least with that, I'd be able to touch it up if it gets scuffed or whatever. But I liked the idea of line-x for its abilities to protect anything that it is coated with.
the stock powder coating is thick and slippery which should hold up well to only dune use(Sand impacts only)..and my skid is stripped down to bare metal on skid...I dont think linex will hold up to this abuse...if it does I will do the same thing.
byz250f is offline   Reply With Quote