Has anyone got their Transmission Reset?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Begone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't help but think that my Transmission shifts are slightly off and just not right - especially in sport mode. Totally not smooth and very clunky - upshifts and downshifts.

Anyone get their transmission reset or refreshed to relearn itself? Not sure how best to describe it, but I can really only drive in Normal Mode cause sport is very uncomfortable.

Any ideas?

waddellw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't help but think that my Transmission shifts are slightly off and just not right - especially in sport mode. Totally not smooth and very clunky - upshifts and downshifts.

Anyone get their transmission reset or refreshed to relearn itself? Not sure how best to describe it, but I can really only drive in Normal Mode cause sport is very uncomfortable.

Any ideas?
Well you can always undo the battery and wait 10 or so minutes and it should relearn. Try not to be aggressive or roll through stops or anything for 200 miles after it relearns. But it should continuously learn.

I have a 13 but mine was rough and I had it relearn a few times, should be generally the same for yours.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

dlbb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes an ideal. disconnect the positive and negative side of the battery. put a thick wrag or shop towel under each side. go turn on the headlight for a min or 2 to drain the kam. reconnect the positive side first the the negative side. then follow this directions.

Turn the key to run and wait for all warning lights to turn off. During the period the PCM will command the throttle body plate to sweep from full open to full close to “learn” the new positions.

Start the engine and let it idle for a full 10-mins until it reaches full operating temperature. During this period the idle may be higher than normal. It should slowly drop as the engine heats up. Watch the engine temp gauge and note when it reaches operating temp. Then continue to let it idle for an additional 5 minutes. It will continue to adjust idle during this period. also turn on the ac for 5 min.

Drive the vehicle at various speed so the PCM learns shift points.

do all of the above after the truck has set for 6 hrs or move. first thing in the morning is best.

this is a full relearn of idle and shift points. i do this when it gets harsh. my 14 was done at 1500 miles and again at 40k or so. i will do my new 17 at 1500 miles also. can actually lead to better mpg too if you aren't happy with the right pedal lol