Hardwiring a radar detector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
V1 with Blendmount and a Mirror tap for power. It is more stealth then a suction cup mount but I feel its a bit noticeable because I get my power from the mirror so you see the lights. If you use the Valentine Stealth remote display kit it will be very stealthy.

Money2536

Reaction score
I'm purchasing a Valentine 1. I'm looking to mount it by the review mirror. I'd like to hardwire it so it will turn on and off with ignition. Any specific instructions for the 2017 F150 Raptor available online? I've found videos on YouTube but they are outdated or different vehicles. I don't wanna pull out the wrong fuse or mess up the wiring. Anyone come across a detailed instruction guide?

I'm guessing the install is going to be the same as my '17 GT350. I just made an install video of it using Blendmount and Mirrortap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLDFEXiMJAg&t=1s

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Love how the latest ****** has the bogey counter and arrows, just like the V1. If ya can't beat em, join em. Still need to get my V1 setup in the Raptor. Been sitting on my workbench since May when I bought this and sold my old truck.

yarom

Reaction score
Passport 9500ci

I've run the Passport 9500ci in six or seven vehicles so far. Currently installed in three and getting installed in my 2014 SCREW.

This unit, especially with upgraded segmentation software (2015) and the 2nd gen shifters, will run circles around anything out there. It has saved me probably a dozen of bad tickets per year, not counting the regular 'there's a cop around the corner' daily warnings, where I just slow down. Expensive, but pays for itself in no time and is extremely reliable - providing it was properly installed.

I ran a new dash Valentine1 in parallel for a while, just to check the difference, and it was not even close in term of sensitivity and filtering false alerts. Not at all close.

For installation, I typically buy a spare OEM rearview mirror, crack the cover open, and install the display (which BTW has always included GPS arrows) behind the glass. It's in your direct view and shines the information through when there is an alert and is set to bright. When there is no alert, I don't care..

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Question, purchasing a Blendmount as a gift and picking up one for myself as well.
Both vehicles are 17s Platinum and the Raptor

Can anyone confirm which mirror is correct? Anyone have a photo? Blendmount has two options. I think its thefirst one but I wanted to make sure.

Thanks in advance

When I search by vehicle its says "Which F-150 mirror do you have?"
image_3.jpeg

Last edited: