Hardwiring a radar detector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bowhunter

Reaction score
I want to mount Valentine One to rear view mirror of my 2017 raptor with 802A package and tech package.

Question 1- What BlendMount bracket do I need?

Question 2- Is it best to hardwire to the rearview mirror or hardwire to one of the upper auxiliary switches?

Question 3- If one of the upper auxiliary switches...which one?

Sorry if all of this has been answered earlier in this thread. I am either lazy or just too slow today!

Thanks!

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would use switch number 5 or 6... free's up your higher powered Aux swithes for something light lights, air compressor, etc.

chi_weezy

Reaction score
I take mine to Best Buy and they wire them up for about $50 usually. With a Mirrormount

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Details:

I updated my V1, used the Blendmount and MirrorTap for power, it's the 10" long version and used the .040" taps.

For those with the power mirror and front camera. Here is how to tap into the harness. Use the white connector facing the drivers side to tap for radar detector. Black wire for ground. Solid yellow wire for power. It is the second yellow wire from the black one. See pics.

Also, the plastic cap doesn't use any clips. It has a male plunger type holder on each side of the plastic piece that covers the lower part of the mirror. Pull firmly straight down on both sides and it will pop so, out. The top piece is held in place by the bottom piece. You just squeeze on both sides of the top piece near the mirror stud and it will pull off. Make sure to put the lower piece back on first when reinstalling. Then just pop the top piece back on. I did drill a small hole for the mirrortap to run through so the covers to fit together properly.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the very clear instructions. I followed this today and hardwired my ****** 9500ix. I didn't even drill a hole like you did, there was more than enough clearance for the wire to sneak through.

Took all of 10 minutes including taking pictures.

IMG_20170525_090254.jpg

IMG_20170525_091129.jpg

IMG_20170525_091216.jpg

Last edited: