GEN 2 GT350 or Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tomkirkland4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the few people I have noticed on here that own both a GT350 and a Gen II raptor which one do you find yourself driving more? I commute 70 miles each way to work and have a car for that so this vehicle selection will not be my daily.
My fun car right now is a 2017- C63S and I’m looking to switch things up. If I do the GT350 I will put a Supercharger on it to make things a little more exciting and on par with the power of my previous cars.
I have always drooled over Raptors and think that route could be fun as well. I️ use to do a lot of off-roading with Jeeps...

Any general advice would be appreciated

Thanks,
Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
A Mustang is the way to go, BUT don’t do a gt350. Money would be better spent on the gt500 when it comes back out. OR, you could get a Roush supercharged Mustang. OR, get the 747hp Mustang from Lebanon Ford in Ohio for $44k.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ignore MGD, he's been banned several times under different aliases for being a troll. Owns neither a Gen 2 raptor or a GT350 and has no intention of owning either. His sole purpose is to troll.

I don't own a GT350 but I do own a Gen2 raptor, so maybe I'm a bit biased here, but my opinion on the matter is that if you've already got a sports car, a performance truck would be a nice change of pace.

Last edited:

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I drive a relative's GT350 from time to time and would take my Gen 2 90% of the time if given full rein on the 350. It's a badass car no doubt, but I just prefer the Rap.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not owned a GT350 but have had lots of Mustangs and my opinion is Gen 2 all the way. The Gen 2 rides like a Cadillac is sporty like a Mustang but it fits 5 people comfortably and you can tow or go to Home Depot. This Forum has people from all backgrounds and from what I have read we all seem to agree the Raptor is the best all around fun.

MTheory

Reaction score
Traded in my E63 AMG for my 18 raptor, it’s been 3 months and I’ve never looked back. This is also my first truck I came from nothing but tuned German cars. Used to drive my uncles Gt350 quite a bit, fun motor in that car but there was nothing special about it to me. Something about the raptor keeps me smileing everytime I see it and get in it.

Raptor has every option my fully loaded E63 had except massaging seats and night vision, and to me is more comfortable. I was unaware of how far Trucks let alone anything American made had come options and interior quality wise.

Last edited:

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I had ( and sold) a gt350r and currently have a 16 gt350 and an 18 raptor.

for that commute, raptor 9 out of 10 times.

I sold my R because I was really hesitant to modify it ( and someone offered a pretty ridiculous sum of money for it. it was a 2015.)

My 16 is very heavily modified. I will almost guarantee that you will not want to go forced induction on the car after doing headers and a tune.

the S/C tunes will lower your redline. you will also put a lot of stress on the crank. at a minimum, you'll want to do a timing set and OPGs if you go S/C. the voodoo is so high strung that, IMO, you are REALLY playing with fire by going FI.

But honestly, it is a road race car. the S/C will completely change the characteristics of the car. The trans is NOT strong enough to handle big power right off the line. ( already had some transmission breakage on mine.

My car throws down 593 at the rear wheels on Sunoco 260 GT plus. I shaved a little over 260 lbs off the weight of the car with my upgrades and changes. ( All the body panels, etc are factory. Switching the hood and decklid to CF would shave another 60-70 lbs combined, but I don't think the $$$ spent is worth it.)

My tuner bumped the redline to 8720. The car has more track miles than street miles. ( ODO currently sitting at 6200 and change.)

The cars with the sofa seats ( comfort package heated/cooled seats) are plenty comfortable for road trips. I drove mine from Nola to Houston and Nola to Austin a few times each with no complaints. Mine is caged and I'm running CF seats ( because racecar and I dropped 30 lbs per seat.)

the cars do have a tendency to tramline quite a bit though.

When you wring the car out to 8250, it is a religious experience. It is addictive. All of the hype is 150% true. With all of my track focused mods, I'm turning lap times that are 1-2 seconds faster than what I was turning in my old '11 gt3rs. ( same track, same temps, etc.)

For me, it is a track car. Driving it on the street is just asking for the little kid in me to go fast and get a speeding ticket. ( got nailed doing almost triple the speed limit but thankfully got out of it.) It would be fun to do goldrush or something with it, BUT my wallet and the adult in me keep the car on the track.

If I had to choose one or the other, I'd choose the raptor.

Although, it is interesting that in a sub $70K ford, you fit right in with dudes rolling in $300K maclarens, etc. And in many cases, the gt350 gets MORE attention. It is a LOUD car and you will not be incognito anywhere that you go.

With the street shoes on:

EOKo-KZnspkkAGw2FOXRi0qRW8EEGHjc-LvQ=w1920-h762-no.png

Last edited:

ROCKETW19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy has the GT350R it’s a damn race car you will not want to commute in that. He’s buying the 2018 Raptor now he had the 2013 also.
I’d keep the AMG over the GT if for daily driving but I’d take the GT of its your track toy.
I’d also take the Raptor over all of of them I’m to damn big to be sitting in a lil car. The Raptor is my favorite out of any cars made though.

tmd11111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No GT350 here but my wife has a '17 GT with the Premium package. Even she prefers the ride of our '18 Raptor.

OP
OP
T

Tomkirkland4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. Think I will give the raptor a shot. Worst case I trade it back in and take a small bath since resell appears to be pretty strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk