The greatest change in the 2019 nobody is talking about

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Capture.jpg

More idiot proofing, since even the drive modes weren't enough. Maybe it will cut down on threads here?

Who am I kidding.

I really do want those shocks tho, heard nothing but good things from the people using them on bikes and RZRs. Basically the Fox Factory series but automatically adjusted for you.

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 99869

More idiot proofing, since even the drive modes weren't enough. Maybe it will cut down on threads here?

Who am I kidding.

I really do want those shocks tho, heard nothing but good things from the people using them on bikes and RZRs. Basically the Fox Factory series but automatically adjusted for you.

Seriously, I was wondering about that...I would think folks who are seriously into rock crawling are going to want to be in control themselves and not turn it over to the computer?

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seriously, I was wondering about that...I would think folks who are seriously into rock crawling are going to want to be in control themselves and not turn it over to the computer?

Well you still have the option of doing it manually, so I don’t see how it’s an issue for those into serious rock crawling. Besides, if you’re into serious rock crawling, you’re using the wrong tool for the job if you’re doing it in a Raptor.

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well you still have the option of doing it manually, so I don’t see how it’s an issue for those into serious rock crawling. Besides, if you’re into serious rock crawling, you’re using the wrong tool for the job if you’re doing it in a Raptor.

My point exactly!

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To me, this is more of a marketing gimmick. I had a 2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser and 2016 Tacoma, both had Crawl Control which is very similar to this new mode on the 2019 Raptor. It's a feature that works but something that 99% of Raptor owners will hardly use. My problem is, and this may be a Toyota only thing, when the mode is activating the brakes, the ABS pump is obnoxiously noisy...enough to where you don't even want to use the feature.

OP
OP
rtmozingo

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To me, this is more of a marketing gimmick. I had a 2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser and 2016 Tacoma, both had Crawl Control which is very similar to this new mode on the 2019 Raptor. It's a feature that works but something that 99% of Raptor owners will hardly use. My problem is, and this may be a Toyota only thing, when the mode is activating the brakes, the ABS pump is obnoxiously noisy...enough to where you don't even want to use the feature.

I can definitely situations where it would be handy, same as HDC is occasionally useful. Manual is generally better most of the time, but handy to have. Would be a nice retrofit imo. I'm definitely going to fit some Fox Live shocks at some point.

I thought you were going to say dropping Lead Foot :ROFLJest: :ROFLJest:
What a horrible color.

xD no kidding.

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can definitely situations where it would be handy, same as HDC is occasionally useful. Manual is generally better most of the time, but handy to have. Would be a nice retrofit imo. I'm definitely going to fit some Fox Live shocks at some point.

I imagine it will be stupid expensive after buying the shocks, the control module(s), sensors and wiring involved to get it to work.

Last edited:

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Hill Descent Control is like that in the Gen 1 trucks. Very, very noisy. Most of the mall crawler set would probably take the truck in for warranty work if they heard it.