Got stiffed by Ferrario Ford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nowata

Reaction score
I committed to an offer of msrp for an incoming raptor from Ferrario Ford in Elmira NY. I even offered earnest money. This is all in writing between me and the sales person and the GM. The owner of the dealer just returned from vacation and tried to jack price by $4k.

I told them I'm a person of my word and they can go to hell. I have no problem with a dealer gouging the informed customer if that's the biz model they choose to run with. But I have a real problem with them going back on their word.

So my search continues.

I gotta a real bad taste in my
mouth for Ford.

When I ordered a gt4 last year Porsche never asked more than msrp and those were a hell of a lot more rare than a raptor.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I committed to an offer of msrp for an incoming raptor from Ferrario Ford in Elmira NY. I even offered earnest money. This is all in writing between me and the sales person and the GM. The owner of the dealer just returned from vacation and tried to jack price by $4k.

I told them I'm a person of my word and they can go to hell. I have no problem with a dealer gouging the informed customer if that's the biz model they choose to run with. But I have a real problem with them going back on their word.

So my search continues.

mouth for Ford.

When I ordered a gt4 last year Porsche never asked more than msrp and those were a hell of a lot more rare than a raptor.

Sooooo, if you have it all in writing, are you letting them out of the deal voluntarily or what? I'm pretty confused on this one.

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score

So my search continues.

mouth for Ford.

What a scumbag

OP
OP
N

nowata

Reaction score
What a scumbag

Thank you that is exactly my point I am in sales myself and I also believe in principles which means that if I were ever to try and go back on my word and screw somebody they should take their business elsewhere at any Price

Yes I have everything in writing and no I'm not about to employ a lawyer to help me fight some shady car dealer

If you want to pay over list price that's entirely your right but I would think you'd want to know it first

Last edited:

DROPOUT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have it in writing you have a legally binding contract in the state of new york for the price that was agreed upon. I'd put my lawyer on them.

Chances are ... There is fine print saying the "contract" can be voided at any point prior to physical sale I'm sure.