Got my Raptor this weekend! I think I did pretty well!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ordered my black 801a screw with locking front 4.10 diff, moonroof, bedliner, and remote start 1-14-17, picked it up 3-11-17, and paid $1k under MSRP

The wait was BRUTAL for sure, but it actually came in 2 weeks early!

In my opinion, the engine sounds terrible, but I can deal with it, I appreciate the power and other stats more.

It also has a TON of rake and needs to be leveled badly!

Tires look massive in person.

The suspension is better than I thought it could be. I live in a VERY rural area, and I can drive up my road at speed and just float over the bumps and frost heaves, it really is impressive!!!!

Wish I had the better center stack, climate control, and better gauge cluster screen, maybe heated wheel too, but I didnt want the other ******** and the expense, so Im pretty happy with my 801s.

The black on black with no decals is straight MURDER.

3j8dQpa.jpg

Uu7QPqC.jpg

Drove up to the top of a small mountain to the blueberry fields

nQmSUnc.jpg

rock crawl mode here

iqoXweX.jpg

ALMOST got stuck here when we broke through the crust

EVdsYrq.jpg

Thing is friggen amazing!!!

Good:
-Looks incredible
-power for days
-features for days

Bad:
-tranny is.....different

I have the following parts to go on:
-SCT X4 with 5 Star Tuning Tunes
-AFE Intake
-Turbo Adapters
-Boost gauge

and I also plan to tint the front windows, and maybe find a nice lightbar or foglights somehow.

I also want to do the nice black billett rear ford emblem, but they seem to be sold out.

:flipthebird:

Last edited:

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new rig. How is visibility poor for you? Seems great to me.

OP
OP
xrocket21

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice! Good for you for getting it under msrp.

Everyone was asking $5-$10k over so we kept looking, and found one willing to deal. Even referred another member here to get one from the same dealer! The were a joy to work with!

---------- Post added at 08:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 AM ----------

Congrats on the new rig. How is visibility poor for you? Seems great to me.

Eh, backing up you dont see a lot right behind you, I have to learn to use the rear cam more. Front visibility is pretty good. Its a pretty wide and tall truck.

adeerchaser

ALWAYS carry, never tell
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You did good, looks great!

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 AM ----------

I guess BRUTAL is relative? At 7 months and not scheduled....I must be in the SUPER, SUPER BRUTAL category.

WTF, did they lose your order??? Man, I feel for you with these folks getting trucks ordered WAY after yours.

GOTSVT?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 months brutal? Ha
Took 6 1/2 months for mine.
Congrats, and enjoy. Nice seeing another New England Raptor!