Got my first battle scar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raminator08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am I cool now? Granted it was from the concrete jungle probably from some **** in a Kia who can't pull into a parking spot. Anyway, just a little over 500 miles on my truck and found this beauty. Can't think of where it could have happened since I always park in the back but then again I could be 10 spaces away from the nearest car and someone will want to slide on right next me so close that I can't open my door. This is why we can't have nice things. Luckily it's still a truck and will probably be the first of many but I don't know how people with exotic sports cars are able to go anywhere without constantly worrying. Having Ranch Hands on my Superduty was great since it would just leave a little mark while on the other hand I can bet their car would be lucky to still have its body panel hanging on.

Attachments

• IMG_2307.jpg
    IMG_2307.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

poyndextr

Reaction score
Damn, that sucks man!

I've been thinking about getting a dash cam, and your story made me wonder if there's one that could be recording while parked or perhaps triggered to record while parked if some movement were to happen.

Sorry it happened. Thanks for sharing.

CSJr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is this one State Farm commercial where Aaron Rodgers has his window cracked. But the thing about that is that he says that was his first scratch in many years. That has got to be fictionalized! How do you prevent damage on a big truck like like for many years?

I was learning the size and side backed into a mailbox at a function. Fortunately a little dry sanding fixed it up.

Invest in a dash cam for other situations. I recommend the Blackvue 650S dual camera, with parking recording. (Front and back recording)

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn, that sucks man!

I've been thinking about getting a dash cam, and your story made me wonder if there's one that could be recording while parked or perhaps triggered to record while parked if some movement were to happen.

Sorry it happened. Thanks for sharing.

Yes the blackvue dr750 has a parking mode and does this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry that happened to you. Same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago, but in our Lexus not our Raptor. Still bothers me. People suck.

OP
OP
R

raminator08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm all for the dash cam idea especially given all the insurance frauds I've been hearing of people trying to pull on other drivers.

I'll see if I can get it touched up but not sure if it's going to worth if it needs a respray or anything. I knew it was going to happen eventually but it just sucks that it's so soon. Haven't even got my plates on yet. If anything, I was hoping it would happen properly off road when the time is right but some inconsiderate jerk popped the cherry first