Got on the list for a 2018

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same company, same truck, same assembly line, same dealers....How can it be any different if they don't get 2017 straightened out?

Hopefully/theoretically, the supply lines/logistics will be worked out by then, along with "final"/refined transmission calibrations, etc...

I can only imagine the logistical nightmare of lining up parts subcontractors, just-in-time supply chains, etc... associated with a new vehicle launch... and add a few thousand people pinging you constantly asking "Is it done yet? Is it done yet?"

Honestly, I'd be willing to bet that ANY vehicle that involves the number of low-volume parts as does the Raptor will have delays of the sort we've seen with the GenII. Hell, it likely even happens with high-volume parts/cars, but in the grand scheme of things, no one gives a shit if the new Camry is two months late to market because it's an appliance instead of an enthusiast vehicle... so no one is tracking their individual build, and thus has no way of knowing whether or not their order is sitting on the Toyota equivalent of Ramp 59.

Could the launch have gone better? ABSOLUTELY. However, I'd be willing to bet that there are people at Ford who are busting their asses to ensure that the problems that we've seen with the '17 models aren't carried forward to the '18s.

OP
OP
W

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got tired of the wait and the pricing hassle for a vehicle that will morph a bit in 2018.

I work for a high end component mfg. We have a three year life cycle before the new version replaces the old version. The designers/planners have to draw a line in the sand at some point in order to hit mfg deadlines. MY17 for us, was put to bed in 2016. MY 18 will get fixes and mild improvements. MY19 will most likely have little to no fixes. Major upgrades are generally saved for the next gen, which in our case would be MY20.

So...I'm in for a 2018 Raptor. Hard to wait another year though.

Last edited:

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When do they start calling them 18s ? What I'm I'm asking is when can I order and expect an 18

DocBach

Reaction score
I ordered my 17 about a week ago. The sales manager said that I could be waiting 2-6 months for my truck. Said if it gets closer to summertime we can talk about cancelling and getting on the list for the 18s, but that he couldn't do anything with the 18s yet because he doesn't have an order guide.

Mackie

Reaction score
Curious if the 2018 Raptor will have some of the following MY 18 F150 changes:

1. B&O Play sound system
2. Stop/Start Adaptive Cruise
3. Stamped F150 on Tailgate if no appliqué selected

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curious if the 2018 Raptor will have some of the following MY 18 F150 changes:

1. B&O Play sound system
2. Stop/Start Adaptive Cruise
3. Stamped F150 on Tailgate if no appliqué selected

I would imagine yes on all counts. Although the new tailgate is hideous.

EXOTICLEX

Reaction score
This may be the route I take. It does give them a full year to work out the kinks. Hopefully the entire process will be a much smoother ride than those who are experiencing issues with the 17 MY.

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may be the route I take. It does give them a full year to work out the kinks. Hopefully the entire process will be a much smoother ride than those who are experiencing issues with the 17 MY.

Undoubtedly will be a much better experience. I have purchased many "first year" vehicles, and consequently, purchased additional units of the same model further in the life cycle. 100% of the time the latter vehicles were better in various respects. If you don't need a 2017 Raptor, then by all means, do pass. Lots of chaos with this vehicle. "Next year" will be better. Bank on it (bank on it costing more too).